IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a newbie to fly fishing. I have been fly fishing for about 5 months now, and caught some nice rainbows. I always have been wanting to go for the coastal cuts and this friday and saturday i will be going. Just wanted to get some tips on fishing. I will be fishing the lower Wilson and maybe head over to the Kiltches.
Heres my questions.
What type of fly's to use and size
Floating or sinking?
I will be using a 5wt pole and i do know its catch and release for the cuts ( i rarely keep any trout i catch anyway )
Thanks for all your help!!:clap:
Cheeseburger

· Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thanks Steelhead21. My favorite fly for rainbows is a black wooly buger with a streamer in it. I have done very well on rainbows with that fly, caught a few larges one with it yesterday in a pond.
If anyone else has any comments i would greatly appreciate it. I would love to catch a trout on a dry fly, but have only fished one a few times. Sat i had lunch at fryer park on the Molalla and threw a dry fly out for a few minutes, it was cool to see the small fish jump for it, they were very small though. Oh btw i will post a report next week when i get back too, hopefully with pics.

· Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Plans changed. Im going camping at Detroit all weekend. Leaving friday, but still will fly fish and i will try some fly's suggested by you guys. Im going to also fish the Brietenbush river while there. Ill post pics when i get back. thanks guys!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.