IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to tell you the fun I had the other day at Dahl beach. Thanks to the boy's in the lines, a rather boring walk with the kids came alive in a blink of an eye. As I wandered along the sand with the kids wishing to have been fishing I turned my ear upon a sudden but exciting rumble. Fish On you might think,toss me a cold one, Man over board was more like it. Not knowing the hogline do's and dont's I will not pass judgement on who was right or wrong but all of the on lookers in the park were very ammused. The story goes, a boat left the middle of the pack and another boat was fixin to slide in from above...At that moment it was Game On, The Boy's in the line were to say the least not happy.. :mad: It seemed that someone was going in the drink. I invisioned a full blown gang fight in the making.
After a long stretch of
back and fourth polite conversation a few beer's :cheers: were tossed for good measure and everyone went back to the main agenda.
My analogy is this It was identical to the Sea Lions you see in Newport on the docks. One Lion decides to stop swiming about and proceedes to find a spot amoung the group of resting Sea Lions. At that moment ALL the lions begin barking and posturing like they own the dock and he's not welcome. This goes on for a few minutes until he forces his way onto the dock and the barking stops until the next creature arrives.
I am not writing to offend anyone I just wanted to say thanks it was fun and well worth the trip.
Good Luck.
Fire :cheers:

·
Registered
14,816 Posts
OH BABY

The sea lion metaphor is dead on LMAO :laugh:

I'd rather troll myself to death than hogline it.

JM (not so humble) O

GRB

·
Registered
352 Posts
That is one reason I don't have a boat yet(I don't want to go there with the rest), but I wish I did, it seems to me you have a better chance of catching one that you do on the bank even thou I still have a vergin tag. Thinking I can stink up the river right now but I just have to put more time in I guss. But the hog lines are tricky from what I can tell just bumming a few rides boat with a few other I fishers that know what they are doing and I have been taking note's. What a great site to learn and meet fellow fishing people and talk fishing.

Ray G.

P.S. now I need a job to support my fishing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts