IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday we were up in Astoria and decided to take advantage of the morning tide and lack of wind. We were running out to B10 and had just got to B14 when the alarms on my Honda 90 started sounding and it shut down. It has never done that before and for the first few seconds we had no idea what was going on. It was obviously overheating. My previously bullet proof Honda was trying to have a melt down. :shocked: I am sure glad it has the alarms and features that shut it down automatically when it overheats!

We fired up the kicker and headed back to Hammond from B14 and made it without trouble, thanks to an incoming tide. It still took over an hour, but I'm not complaining.

A note to Honda owners. My Honda 90 is about 3 1/2 years old and has just over 500 hours on it. When you do your yearly maintenance, you should have the impeller checked after it reaches the 300 hour mark. The hub in the impeller had torn and wadded up in the housing. THANKS to Roger's Marine at the Hammond ramp who got us back on the water. It was spendy, but they fit us right in and took good care of us.

SD

·
Registered
266 Posts
Spoiled Daddy,
You forgot to mention the wonderful support you had from your fellow passengers.....Thank goodness I was there to hold your hand has we SPED to the boat ramp...........
LPD316 :bowdown:

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh Yea! It was very comforting having you alongside me. Your support and words of encouragement is what kept me from panicking!
:grin:
SD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts