IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my daughter and her friend fishing today on the Willamette.

She's my little "fish magnet" but now that she's a teenager, she is developing other interests. I was happy to hear that her friend Hanna wanted to go salmon fishing.

I asked "Willamette River Outlaw" (Ryan) along.

We started out slow and my buddies who'd been whacken 'em this week were perplexed. The river came up a little and the traffic increased alot.

We fished plugs for 2-3 hours for nadda. Tried some softer water and bait. It paid off.

We ended up lossing 2 and "wiffing" 1 while the art of waiting for the bite was learned and ended up with three hatchery jobs in the box and two very happy girls. I think Ryan was pretty happy too. He did a great job of sticking all three of the fish we landed and helped out tons today.

Hanna was afraid she'd gotten into more than she bargained for, but did a great job of handling what was the biggest fish of the day.

Thanks Ryan for all your help and making a memory these two kids will always have.

Great day on the river.

GRB

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
As the day went along and they were catching fish, Bruce (GRB) must have called me 3 or 4 times trying to twist my arm and get me to come hook up with him. Wish I could have. :depressed:

He knew I couldn't go (was stuck home with sick kid) and wanted to rub it in a little (or a lot) I be thinking. :wink: Great Catch - Good luck tomrrow. :grin:

UG

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now Brad,

Is that the kind of thing I'd do to a fishin buddy?

Wait, don't answer that.

Hope the little one feels better soon.

Thanks for helping me AGAIN, with my computer illiteracy.
Now that the "lady in charge" is filled in, I should be good to go.

See yah on the river.

GRB

·
Registered
603 Posts
Days spent fishing with our sons are great-

Days spent fishing with our daughters are magic-they reappear time after time and only fishing stories are retold to their children in a way that makes grandpa seem heroic and very special.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Great job! I have a-lot of special memories of fishing with my daughters. We have 5, ages 6-12. 3 are new to us as we adopted them. All have caught Salmon or Steelhead. Only one gets seasick. Even the seasick one has the desire to get up at 4am to try and hook a fish. I can't help but think that some lucky guy will benefit from my "fish training" my daughters.
Again, great job!
x

[ 04-13-2003, 07:54 AM: Message edited by: Extreme ]

·
Registered
10,765 Posts
Originally posted by Gun Rod Bow:
Now Brad,

Is that the kind of thing I'd do to a fishin buddy?

<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Isn't one of the best parts? What did we ever do before cell phones? :grin:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Bruce, great job! Losing "MR BILL" looks to be a positive for you. I think your buddy's burned out, beered out, eat out and went home fishless on Saturday. Our Thur./ Friday total was 10 in the box for 18. Friday afternoon we went 0 for 6. I belive there is an analysis we could provide for beers consumed to farmed fish. Got my lawn mowed on Saturday.

·
Registered
11,486 Posts
Thanks again GRB for a great day on the water. It made my day watching the girls bring in those fish. Seeing those smiles was absoultly priceless.

[ 04-13-2003, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: willametteriveroutlaw ]

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
GRB...congrats on another great day. At least she didn't ask you to cut the line. :wink: :grin:

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
My girls both grew up fishing the dory with me out of Pacific City. They
are both married now to a couple of really nice guys, but niether of them
have the stomach for being on the ocean (one is an ex-Coastie! :laugh: ).

I have been informed by the girls that THIS year they are leaving the boys
at home and that THEY are going sport salmon fishing with me! The BOYS get
to stay home with the kids while the moms go catch 'em all some supper!

Somehow I don't think it's going to work out quite as planned. Grampa wants
to take those three grandsons fishing this year ... the youngest of the 3 is a
three year old. I think he's ready! I guess I should probably wait for the
newest addition (2 weeks old this past Sunday) to get a little older before
we put HIM on the boat! :wink:

-assAssin-

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.