IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disclaimer! Before reading this post please be aware that no sturgeon were actually hurt during the taking of these pictures with the exception of the ones we killed!

Well now it looks like another report from my good buddy Jimmy Schout paid off for Chris and I! This time we decided to take our lovely ladies along and boy did they have a great time!

Started out getting down to Astoria Saturday eve and getting out on the water at about 5:00 PM. The wind was really blowing so we did not get to fish our normal spot until much later than we would have liked. It still did not stop us from catching a few shorts but that is about it. We did have a front row seat for a nice sunset though.

The sunday morning alarm came early and we were back out on the water and fishing at 5:00 AM. We moved several times as our usual spots were not producing. There were quite a few boats on the water in our normal haunts... what gives some guy must have given an outstanding report on the Internet or something. Some people??? Still had a great time as always... Chris looks pretty happy keeping watch on the poles

The girls had some time to catch some rays and work on their tans...

Any way we finally decided to get away from the crowds and do a little exploring on our own and I am glad we did!

Not long after setting anchor in some new stomping grounds I had an enormous hit which I promptly crackered off like a Cracker Champ! In the next hour we managed to land 4 keepers that went 43" 45" 44" and 45". We did not keep any of these fish because we had so much sturgeon meat from the previous couple days fishing plus we made a decision not to keep anything under 50 inches. We are not going to post any pictures to save us from the grief we went through the other day.

But we are going to post pictures of our 5th keeper. XTC's girl Cheryl did a great job fighting this beast. It did not jump but it came to the boat 5 times and ran back out! Here is a couple nice pictures of her fighting her prized catch!

When we got it in it measured 59 1/4" long and a hair over 45lbs! Here is a picture of Cheryl and proud as can be XTC.

And here is a pic of our nice keepers and the fish is pretty nice too!

All fish were caught on sand shrimp in 25 ft of water with our secret carrot milk blended scent!

On a sad note my throttle wire broke again just as we got back to the dock. I am sure my friends at Stevens Marine will take care of me as fast as they can but now is your chance to get out and get yours because it may be a few days before we are back on the water.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Man, my incident didn't even get mentioned. It was the highlight of my day........

3,877 Posts
5-Cent & XTC,

Awesome job.

It was a pleasure meeting you guys at the swap meet yesterday. Look forward to your continuing reports and hope we can do some fishing together this summer.

Take Care.

KHH

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
ONce again, nice job fellas!!! Nice fish!

Zaq, what happened to you??

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Awesome fishing to all!! :bowdown:
You guys keep up the Bonk, Bonk, Bonk!!!! Days like you guys have been having are memories for life. Please continue to post and share!!! :cheers: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
It's hard to explain and make it come across as bad, or as funny in my case, as it actually was. I wish I had thought ahead and taken a short .mpeg of it. I trimmed my outboard up and put an extra hundred gallons of water through the front door of Mr. 5 Cents boat today. It was precious! Had to be there to see it I guess..... :wink:
:laugh:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The whole story is that 95 of the gallons went on the girls in the bow of the boat just after I took that picture :hoboy: :shocked:

Any way my wife Kristel says that pay-backs are a female dog :whazzup: Man knows no furry like a woman soaked with a jet :shocked:

Oh well could have been worse, you actually did us a favor the girls had to strip down to let their clothes dry. I think that was XTC's idea

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Bobber, check your email, I sent you the three pics my brother took of the results......... :wink: I never saw someone scramble so fast for a camera!

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I think I know exactly what you mean. You can literally drench someone with a bigger jet. Fun Stuff! That would be funny to see pics of that stuff. Shoots a nice stream!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’m jealous, all that sun and no lawn or yard in sight. :cool: The fish are nice, but it’s not fair, taking advantage of the girls letting them catch all the fishies. :wink: It is an unwritten rule that taking honeys along is cheating, unfair disadvantage. They will have to close the seasons early if you keep taking girls out, they catch too dam many fish. :cheers: The fish biologists will have to re work their models to adjust for this. Are not women along too much of an advantage? :shrug:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice meeting you too Greenbuttskunk :cheers: Sorry I did not have the time to talk more but the ramp was busy and I was a little upset that my throttle wire broke again :depressed:

Good news though my buds at Stevens Marine said bring it on in right away and we will fix it today! :dance:

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
yep, you seemed distracted and a little stressed. I was affraid it was my cologne(smelly jelly anchovie scent). You gotta love those boat problems. I need to change out my bilge pump this week. :depressed:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
My girlfriend came home from work smiling tonight and I said "What is wrong with you"? She said " Oh nothing I was just thinking that I've caught a bigger keeper than you"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Chris

·
Registered
584 Posts
Great job Carrot Crew. Your reports and pictures are the only thing that keeps me coming back here.

I used to enjoy UglyGreen's pic's and posts, but it seems he's given up on this board. Same seems to be true for (a banned member)... Sad.

What baffles me on this board is the poking and prodding one must endure each time he/she posts pic's or a good report. To borrow a term, "Haters" always want to jump on folks for mis-handling, over-harvesting, under-considering, giving too many details, dirty looks, etc... Why? Why give people so much grief? They always accuse people that report or post pics of doing so to serve their own egos. Isn't it also self-serving to ridicule and belittle others on a public forum. What good comes from it? Why not send an email or private message when you have an issue with someone's post. Why assault their character on this BB? Don't let the message get lost in the messenger... I don't get it.

Again, 5-Cents, XTC, ZaQ, cute gals, great job. Please continue with the posts. In my mind, you've done nothing wrong. When I think of what I'd like ifish.net to be, I picture a place with lots of fishing reports and photos of smiling people with their catch, much like the contributions you've made to this board. Thanks...

Jim

Oops, this should be on the other thread, sorry.

[ 06-03-2003, 10:31 AM: Message edited by: crabbait ]

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
AtWorkAlot,

Thanks dude for the nice words.
This should be my 1001 post and I think I have another 1000 in me! :grin: I will keep the pictures and reports coming because thats exactly what I want to see from Ifish too. If someone wants to throw mud at me let them.
I am a much bigger person and it does not bother me in the least. For every one hater there are 20 people that have sent me an email or a private message thanking me for my stories and posts.
The haters always make more noise than the majority. Just so you know I dont care what those people think of me because there is nothing in life that will make those people happy. :hoboy: Not my problem. Heck the only people I have to worry about impressing are my family and friends. I enjoy meeting people at the dock, in the store or where ever asking me, "Arent you 5-Cents I saw you on Ifish..." I have met a lot of great people this way!

:cheers:

3,877 Posts
Hey $.05,

You guys keep those reports coming in. Soon enough with a little more tutoring I will be able enjoy this fishery like I should. I just never concentrated on it because of whatever reason but I do fish every chance I get and my friends that know me can vouch for that.

By the way, the offer I made to you & fishingxtc at the swap meet still stands. I really would enjoy swapping some trips. I definately can catch a few silvers & Brites when that starts.

I will be in Astoria from Saturday thru next Wednesday. We are hosting the Oregon State Football coaches for dinner Tuesday night & will be taking them fishing on Wednesday of next week. I hope I can get them into fish. Tacklebuster is joining me Sunday and he is going to help tutor me a bit. I am really looking forward to that. I will probably owe him big time for that but I have definately agreed to pay him back in fishing trips.

Seriously, you guys keep up the great posts. I especially think your sand shrimp rigging tutorial was awesome. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts