IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little while ago I was out on my boat just enjoying a warm summer evening on the columbia, it had just gotten dark. So I was just sitting in my boat talking and all of the sudden I noticed a boat pretty close to me. I figured it was a sheriff or coast guard who are out on the columbia frequently. I was sitting on the floor and guessed that they could not see anyone in the boat and were checking to make sure there was someone in it, or they wanted just to do one of their random boat checks. Well it wasnt a sheriff but a gillnetting boat dropping his net not 10 yards from my boat, the funny thing was, I couldnt see the net in the water, I only saw it for a brief second, and thats how I knew it was there. Well, now that I explained all of that, my question is.... are they required to put any lights, markers, anything on their nets? If I wouldnt have looked up for that second or so to see the net, I could have driven right over it. I was also puzzled that the boat had no lights on their boat, no bow or stern lights. It was a little funny and I was just curious.

Thanks

Reeltrouble

1 - 1 of 1 Posts