IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here's something good about Ifish sponsor GIJoes:

In their Sunday sale flier they're offering KwikFish for $3.49 (reg.$4.99) and Brad's Wobblers, (which are an Alvin knockoff but the fish like 'em very, very much) for $5.99 (reg.$7.99).

At Delta Park Joes this evening there's lotsa Kfish but the stock of Brad's is very thin.

Also, something pro guide Mark Yanno taught me - whenever you buy Kfish look closely to verify that the eyelet hole has been drilled on-center, and that the seams in the plug are nice and smooth. You'll see a great deal of variation.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Something else you need to look for on Kwik-Fish
check the bill ands make sure it isn't twisted or slightly crooked.You'll never get it tuned if it is.
Bob

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Garyk, Yeah, Bobs has quite a selection of Brads Wobblers due to Brad being the buyer there. I believe the sale went off yesterday. One thing though, I don't believe Brads Wobblers are an Alvin knockoff, the press was bought from the Alvin guy I believe. If I'm wrong, let me know and then I'll go talk to Brad and find out. I see him quite a bit.

·
Administrator
41,408 Posts
Must have been a big run on them. I was in the Delta Park Joe's about 10:30 Sunday and there must have been 200 Brad's on the hooks! I like that they have a split ring instead of a welded ring holding the hook on. I wish they'd get the mirror shine a little brighter, though.

[ 09-08-2003, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: Pete ]

·
Registered
17,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Steelheadslayer - you're most likely correct. I didn't use 'knockoff' to mean anything negative - just that 'Alvin' is well understood, and I wasn't sure if all the new folks on here would understand what a "Brad" was. In fact, the Joes ad just calls it a 'wobbler'.

Since Brad bought the press, does that mean the original Alvin product is going away?

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Brad's and Alvins are different a brads has only one dot horizontal in the A while an Alvin has two dots. FMS carries Alvins, Bimart and Gijoes carry Brad's.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
addict, thanks for the clarification. All I know is they look the same, fish the same, and I've caught fish on both. If the one dot is all the difference there is, then the fish haven't seemed to notice. :wink:

garyk, when I hear the term knockoff it raises flags. Golf clubs have the biggest problem with them. The quality isn't as good and the prices are a lot cheaper. They cut into a lot of the business of the OEM's. Thanks for clearing up your meaning. I just happen to know Brad fairly well and I didn't want someone to think he was cutting into Alvins business. Now, go use them so you can keep posting those beautiful pics of you and the missus chromers.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I'll preface this with

"Straydog, NO OFFENSE TO YOU NOR GI JOES,"

but not ALL the wobblers are on sale...if they're normally 6.99, they're still 6.99 .. only the ones originally 7.99 ... I found that out before they ordered but didn't supply the correct reel (and I DID know what I was ordering), but I don't care because I found one somewhere else. :grin:

·
Ray S.
967 Posts
If you folks can't find the Brad's you are looking for they had a pretty good selection at Fisherman's depot in Woodland a few days ago. They were on sale for 4.99.
Keep gettin em
Ray

·
Registered
244 Posts
fish-addict is correct on the difference between the two.

We here in Longview have heard that Brads bought out Alvins. No mention of just buying the press. Again this is not comfirmed fact just what we've heard up here.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I have been told that Brads and Alvins are totally different presses and Brad is in competition with the Alvins. That is why you will see only 3 dots on a Brads as it makes the cross in the A, and the Alvin will have 4 dots.

As a good wobbler fisherman (at least thats what I have been told) (I can say that they both work the same and both catch as many fish as each other. The trick is to learn how to make them wobble correct. Once you do this you are dangerous to the fish population.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.