IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a call today from the Sylvan factory rep. :grin: My boat is repaired and being returned to the dealer on Friday. :smile: Will pick it up and fill her up with all new gear :dance: (anchor,300ft rope,anchor chain, anchor float, and one new compass), new bow rail, new right counsole, new windshield, and new shift lever. Just shy $2400.00. The only time that anchor and rope will see the front of my boat is when anchored, Otherwise its destined for the inside of the boat forever. Wow, what a spendy lesson. :blush:

I know Stevens Marina has caught a lot of flack but they have been just super with me. Sylvan also. And my insurance company never questioned anything at all. So as "Willie" would say iam on the road again.

See ya on the water soon. Now i dont have to beg for a ride anymore, ha ha.

Tip of the day..."dont transport your float and rope in the bow of your open bow boat, especially if its tied to your anchor".

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Alright Cagey, that's great!! And there was a lesson to be learned from your misfortune!!!

Dipnet :grin:

·
Registered
10,842 Posts
WHOO HOOO :dance: Just in time for the weekend!!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
greenbutskunk,
storey is my anchor float which was attached to my rope and anchor got sucked out of the boat at highway speed and then proceeded to get run over by my boat trailer which resulted in the anchor tearing my boat to pieces. Never did find the anchor or any of the rest of it. We never heard it go.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
I had my anchor and bouy fly out of the front of my boat in march, though it was while running up the Columbia. It did some nice paint damage, and also almost took out my windshield. After that I added an additional cleat that I wrap my anchor chain around plus I purchased a motion marine anchor rest. Best investment Ive ever made. I don't even worry about losing my anchor any more.

·
Registered
89 Posts
What a lesson to be had. Wow I wouldn't have expected that. Happy towing and boating upon it's return. Are you going to have it blessed or chistened or anything.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No i will not have the boat blessed. I did that when i lost the anhcor :laugh:

Deral "52lbs", wow. Did you take a pic?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yea Ken I got a pic of it but UNfortunetly Mo wasn't there to hold it and you know those things just don't look as big with me holding them ...LOL
I left it on a disc over at the coast but will send you a copy when I get back after the weekend.
Good Fishing to you ..........Deral

1 - 10 of 10 Posts