IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Washington Residents! I dont know if Oregon has a similar program.

Fuel is taxed at the rate of 23¢/gallon in Washington state. Boaters purchasing at least 87 gallons of fuel can request a refund of 12¢/gallon if they file with the Washington State Department of Licensing’s Fuel Tax Section Refunds Unit. The claim may be filed monthly, quarterly, or annually.
To file a claim, have your current registration number (WN number) on hand and call the Fuel Tax Refund Claims Unit at (360) 664-1838 to request a Fuel Tax Refund Permit Number. You will be mailed a “Claim Form for Refunds of Fuel Tax” (Form FT-442-073) along with an ID card.
Mail the completed claim form along with the original of each invoice to:
Department of Licensing
Fuel Tax Section
Refunds Unit
PO Box 9228
Olympia WA 98507-9228
1 - 3 of 3 Posts