IFish.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone efforting for Coho out of Garibaldi?

I am planning combo trips for Tuna/Salmon on Wednesday/Thursday & Friday.

My buddy from Dallas, Tx is coming in and I need to pack his cooler with variety.

I think the tuna will be no problem but would like to put some red meat in his cooler as well.

Original plan was Astoria but with the closure in zone 1, we have had a change of plans in venue.....

Salmon fishing info would be greatly appreciated as I have not even efforted for salmon this summer.

Thanks much and any tuna numbers from the weekend would also be helpful.

·
Registered
486 Posts
We went last sunday and the water temp was 60-62 from shore to 300' Lots of sharks and no salmon for us. Dont know the current conditions. Apparently the salmon were further north. We did not try for tuna.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
the reports i have been hearing over the last couple days from various sources on the coho are for spotty fishing at best. its about time for another hot streak to come through though. hopefully the ocean will lay down

·
Registered
268 Posts
:cheers:Terry-san,

I was at the mouth of the Lewis on Friday morning, watching the bumper boat fleet. :yeahthat: Stayed out of it, however they were catching fish. Also the hog line just below the mouth, watched the same boat snag 2. It was wondy and rough. I should be out around the lighthouse or sawdust pile, or even sauvie for Sturgon on Wed. Maybe i will see ya?

·
Registered
2 Posts
We're planning on heading out of Garibaldi on Wednesday for Tuna as well. Any numbers from this weekend would be greatly appreciated as well.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
KHH,

We stopped to salmon fish on the way back in from the OTC. It was about 3PM and there wasn't a single boat around. We spent about 45 minutes straight out from the jaws, in about 160' of water (56 degrees) fishing hootchies and a chunk of herring. We thought we were wasting our time, then whammo. I forgot how good a chinook felt. 30lber, we caught it 10 pulls.

We called it a day after that. No coho, nothing else.

--Ska

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
fished salmon today. 4 hours; started north of twin rocks and moved south 2x; finally settled in 230 -250 foot water south of the south jetty; water temp was 61.5 -62; lots of birds and bait, delta diver; fish flash; pink lady and dodger; 30 pulls up to 11 pulls; hooked several large coho; kept 2 @11lbs +, got into a great bite at high slack but had to get back to the house; ranout of plug cuts so switched to the saved herring heads:idea:;ocean was a little bumpy, 6-7 ' swells @ 7 secs...btw we found no fish; no action in 57 degrees north of nehalem,weird:shrug:

·
Registered
487 Posts
It depends on the temp of the:dance::dance: water. Friday we too the boat for a test and droped salmon lines at 150' off Twin Rocks and put them out 20 pulls and got 3 nice silvers 10 to 14 lbs. The week before I was catching Tuna in the same spot. Tuna have been in close for a month on and off. Saturday we fished green water for some larger tuna but our 5 fish only weighted 100 lbs. Not enough for the money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts