IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted last Friday that I had a couple of boat seats open for the ocean. I'd never done that before and was a little nervous about trying it this time. OC Fisherman and Worldlyme took the chance on going out with a complete stranger and I couldn't ask for a better crew - In fact, way better than my regular fishing relatives who get seasick, show up late, pull out at the last minute, etc. Anyway, we hit the bar at about a quarter to seven, dropped the crab pots by Twin Rocks and headed west across a dead flat ocean. Dropped gear at 170 feet and headed for the fleet. I was hammered before Jim and Mark were baited up. We had a steady bite, including a double. Wound up going 9 for about four dozen herring, 6 keepers, 3 releasers, no nooks. Interesting enough, the way things worked, everyone wound up catching their own fish, no handoffs required. Crab traps were loaded with keepers and we got off the ocean just as the wind picked up. I can't wait to go back. By the way, I'm not nervous anymore about posting seats. You'll see more of that from me in the future

·
Registered
543 Posts
Marv,
Thanks for the invite. I was also a little nerious about going out on the big pond with someone I have never met before..This was a great trip. I dont remember the last time that then ocean was so flat.. Thanks to you and Mark I had a great trip that I am able to brag about to the family and neighbors :cheers: .

My only problem now is that since Saturday night I have been having Kidney Stone issues
.. God they hurt. I have been to the ER 3 times since Saturday night..

Next time you have an open seat please feel free to give me a holar. I am ready to do it again.

[ 07-28-2003, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: O'City Fisherman ]

·
Registered
584 Posts
We tried to get out Sunday, what a difference a day makes. It was pretty nasty. Glad you got some fish. :smile:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I also went out into the big blue for a short time Saturday. A friend took my wife, daughter, and me out for the day. After about 30 minutes, there were two young ladies hanging their heads over the side of the boat. After one keeper and one released, we decided to head back in to give them a break. Weather was so nice inside, that the ladies felt better. So we dropped in the crab pots. In about 3 hours, got 22 nice hard shell keepers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts