IFish Fishing Forum banner
141 - 160 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Curious if anyone has tried or had success south towards 3 arches in the deeper water? Maybe a little warmer water farther south? Or has everyone been concentrating North / West of Twin Rocks?
We where fishing for Lings the other day and hooked a Chinook with a small copper jig hanging over the side. Saw lots of silvers around us but wanted to get our Lings. 230' of water straight West of 3 arches

·
Registered
675 Posts
Well, we are out here fishing with the fleet since 6:30 this morning. Got 3 coho in the box and a few lost.

kind of a grind. Thought the bite would have been better. West of twin rocks with the fleet around 200’ of water.

most fish with 30’ on the line counter. Triangle flasher and whole herring is what is getting bit.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Well, we are out here fishing with the fleet since 6:30 this morning. Got 3 coho in the box and a few lost.

kind of a grind. Thought the bite would have been better. West of twin rocks with the fleet around 200’ of water.

most fish with 30’ on the line counter. Triangle flasher and whole herring is what is getting bit.
Try a rod down deeper. We were at 48’ with 8oz Mon to get ours. Also had Downrigger at 25-30’ that produced well.

We were in 260-270’ of water using hootchie and chunk herring and spinfish and superbait. Saves a ton of bait. One tray red label one can tuna.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I was just wondering what colors of Brads Cut Plug are your go to's, I fished a couple of them but never hooked up. Went back to dodger + hoochy + chunk bait and did ok. I would really like to get some confidence when fishing with these. And help would be appreciated, pictures would be great.
Thanks to all.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
We started out with fleet at 180’ and just got a bunch of drive by’s. 51°. Trolled west into 53° water and scratched up a few wilds at 280’. Then went back to 180’ water but well north of the fleet. 53°. Started fishing the downrigers at 30-50’ and banged out all our fish in about 1 hour. Red racer hot spot flasher with small pink hootchie account for 2/3rds of the fish. Downriggers made the difference for us.

·
Registered
29 Posts
We were out Tuesday and Wednesday. Found a bunch of fin clipped silvers ~240', and as others have said, many, many bites with lost bait and no fish. Brought a 12" silver up to the boat (hooked on a 5/0!), and started wondering whether those little guys were contributing to our bait loss. Who knows?
Wednesday was a whole nother deal, couldn't find the fish further out (partially due to a black cod school), and shallower didn't do it for us other than some natives here and there (and 1 keeper at the end). Que sera.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Fished silvers this morning for a quick trip before work, got lines in the water around 6:00. started in 220’ in 50 degree water (cooled down a bit from days previous and did not want to run any further looking for a temp break.) Dropped In on fish and a wide open bite where we could not keep all 3 rods in the water for about 15 minutes. Had 10-12 chances and landed 3 clipped fish 6-8 pound range and released 4 high fins, missed lost others. Bite turned off like a switch and did not have another bite bud see much in the fleet until we left at 8. Full moon with clear skies and huge tide swings never make for good fishing in my experience. Anyone else out today?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
We also hit the silvers early today. Crossed the bar at first light. Started at 190’ due west of Twin rocks and pointed it westward. We had our 4 fish by 6:45, threw one dink back but no high finners for us today.

Decided to go long lining and found our 20 rockfish by 10:20. Couldn’t have been a better day of catching on the pond. Back into port before the wind machine started.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I mis judged the forecast this morning thinking I could sneak out for silvers before the wind, but wind was blowing before the sun came up and the ocean was a nasty mess, slogged out to 240’ west of twin rocks looking for warmer water but remained to be 47 degrees all the way out. Trolled back in to 200, 3 rods, had one pop
Off at the boat before we threw in the towel. Water changed a lot, cold and super clear. Fun run of fishing last week though!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Any one else fish Garibaldi today? Thinking about hitting it tomorrow morning... hopefully catch some coho's and crab. How was the ocean?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Any one else fish Garibaldi today? Thinking about hitting it tomorrow morning... hopefully catch some coho's and crab. How was the ocean?
I fished this morning, it was pea soup fog with a steep 4’ short interval N wind swell, it was blowing 10 knots plus when it got light and was pretty unpleasant. Last couple days of north wind moved things around, water is cold and we found 47 degrees all the way out to 240 feet. We bobbed around for a couple hours and only lost one at the boat. Full moon never bodes well to good ocean salmon bite, fish are up at night feeding, forecast looks worse for tomorrow. Obviously your call but I wish I would have not taken the gamble on conditions today.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
It’s blowing 18 to 20 hard Northwest here. Higher gusts. You can surf/windsurf the bay no problem. I live here and love the breeze but this day after day NW is a pain in the behind.:( 🇺🇸

·
Premium Member
18,487 Posts
It’s blowing 18 to 20 hard Northwest here. Higher gusts. You can surf/windsurf the bay no problem. I live here and love the breeze but this day after day NW is a pain in the behind.:( 🇺🇸
Looks like next Tuesday before it winds down much.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Sitting here in Hillsboro wishing I was out there today. Winds are light and bar is unrestricted.
Anyone make it out today?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Casting off all lines at 04:30 a.m. Wednesday. I guess I shouldn't say casting off all lines I'll be hitting the headlights at 4:30 from Oregon City going to GB . Going to start trolling at 250 . Maybe before that with the temp break or birds or whatever?¿?¿. Sending hoochies down the wire at 100.?

·
Registered
17 Posts
fished today at 200' west of twin rocks. lasted only a couple of hours due to wind waves and young one that was starting to get sea sick. put one in the boat using spinner with pink hoochie.

·
Registered
84 Posts
fished today at 200' west of twin rocks. lasted only a couple of hours due to wind waves and young one that was starting to get sea sick. put one in the boat using spinner with pink hoochie.
What was the water temp out at 200’? And what did it look like?

thsnks for any info!!!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I went out at first light this morning and headed to 200’, water temp was 47* and going down. No bait or any signs of fish. Trolled around a bit then headed back in to 49* water and trolled some more in barren waters, except for the massive amount of jellyfish down 30+ feet.

Crossed the bar heading back in at 7:45 with no hits, no runs, no errors.

Damn wind has to stop blowing for a while....

141 - 160 of 166 Posts