IFish Fishing Forum banner
101 - 120 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Fished silvers today 7/17, got lines in the water at 7 and fished until noon, 190-210 fow in front of twin rocks with the fleet. 3 rods, had probably 20 chances and boated 3 clipped silvers, released 5 high fins and lost a ton of fish. Fun morning and sometimes coho fishing goes that way. We fished diver, triangle flasher and anchovy as well as 360 flasher, 3.5 blade, hootchie with herring strip. Both presentations got about the same action, got bit from 11-35 feet on the line counter and everywhere in between. Would love to hear someone else experience from today

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Took a few friends out today, had a good report that the snappers were west of Twin Rocks in about 200' of water due to water temps. Headed that way and was marking fish around 190' and sent the lines down. Within a few minutes had a newbie onboard and hooked a decent clipped ho, first of his life and we were excited. We limited the boat (3 people) in three hours.

·
Premium Member
18,485 Posts
We were out Friday prospecting for halibut and LL locations. Ended up at Three Arches hoping to find bottom fish. Trolled for about an hour off Twin Rocks for salmon. Burned a lot of fuel.

·
Registered
39 Posts
We hit the water at daybreak. 4 Rods, coho limits by 9:30. We went through at least 30 to get 8 keepers. No Chinook. They ate everything we had but anchovies seemed to get slightly more attention if I had to choose. 170-180 ft of water with the fleet west of twin rocks. I heard lots of guys were running gear deep but all our action was at the old 13 pulls/18 ft on the line counter rods. We weren't done fishing so we ran north and got limits of rockfish before calling it a day.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Also got out at daybreak, solo trip. Hit the 205 line and dropped gear, had nonstop action for a solid hour, then nothing. 1 for 7 to the net before 7 with probably 2 dozen other bites. Turned South for an unfruitful quick trip to 3 arches only to run back up for low slack against white caps. Fought the wind until 2:30 (3 more solid bites that didn’t connect) and called it with 1 coho for the day.

Fished green label and a combo of different spinfish, didn’t seem to matter. In the afternoon every time I checked lures they were fouled with jelly strings. The jellies take the paint off of the spinfish, fyi.

Foggy, rainy morning burned off nicely but the wind was real. Back at it tomorrow at zero dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
483 Posts
Better day than yesterday out of GB. Went 2 for 8 solo by 10am, everything out in 200-205. Early on it was as expected - repeated hookups through high slack and then a lull, all on small spinfish stuffed with herring strips. Ran inside on a tip, released one right away then nothing for an hour. Ran back out to 205 and put on a cut plug and in 5 minutes had a native take 74 feet of line before he turned around. 5 minutes after that came a nice fish on another cut plug for a limit.

Wind really kicked up fast but ran slowly ~7 miles into it to a reliable ling spot. Drift speed in the wind was too much even with running the main in reverse, called it and ran home on the backs of whitecaps to be back just after noon. All in all a really good day with one more try tomorrow. Told the wife I wasn't coming home without 6 coho over 4 days, one more to go or I'm staying.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Maybe we'll see you out there. We'll be in a charcoal/silver NR and will give a shout out if we find'em (channel 68?). Hopefully the wind lays down a bit in the am!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Maybe we'll see you out there. We'll be in a charcoal/silver NR and will give a shout out if we find'em (channel 68?). Hopefully the wind lays down a bit in the am!
I'm in an Arima 19 Sea Ranger flying a Salty Dog and a Doug flag. Pulling out at 5:30am. I'll keep an ear on 68 and do the same, tomorrow's forecast is looking good.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I'm in an Arima 19 Sea Ranger flying a Salty Dog and a Doug flag. Pulling out at 5:30am. I'll keep an ear on 68 and do the same, tomorrow's forecast is looking good.
Ohmytodd, by chance are you moored on A dock? I think I'm moored right across from you, we chatted the last couple days, I have the 25' Sea Fox. Anyway, good luck out there.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Thinking of heading out on Wednesday morning, but the contradictions in forecast models have me scratching my head...

NOAA has:
N wind to 10 kt. Gusts to 15 kt in the afternoon. Wind
waves N 2 ft at 4 seconds. NW swell 3 ft at 6 seconds.

Windy is showing 3' @ ~5seconds :oops:

But Windfinder is showing 2.3-2.6 with a period of 14seconds 🤔

·
Registered
130 Posts
5 keepers Sunday. 220-280ft. Morning bite was good. Then it died off. Didn’t find fish again until we put our gear down deep. Released 10-12 non clipped fish. Lost probably another 10 plus.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Here is a live shot just south of the Nehalem Jetty at 2:45 pm. It was blowing hard in Tillamook Bay but flat, dead Calm here.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
956 Posts
Just a question but what type of fishing boat can drag a net in the ocean next to Nehalem Jetty?

Never seen a shrimp boat in this close to shore.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

101 - 120 of 166 Posts