IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning to run Wednesday if the weather holds. Any reports would be appreciated!

Rip’N’Lips

·
Premium Member
18,487 Posts
NE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NNW 12 to 17 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 24 kt. Sunny. WSW swell 3 ft at 8 seconds. Wind waves 1 ft building to 4 ft.

Daybreak might be OK for a short run but I'd not venture too far. We were out last Wednesday but fishing was marginal for us at 3 Arches.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah morning run would be the plan. I will let you know if we get out

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I had plans to go our Friday & Saturday but looks like mother nature say's be patient young grasshopper & Let the fish grow a little bit bigger!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I had plans to go our Friday & Saturday but looks like mother nature say's be patient young grasshopper & Let the fish grow a little bit bigger!
Was also hoping for some fishing this weekend. But double digit winds just make it really uncomfortable. I keep telling myself the same thing...be patient, they only get bigger throughout the summer!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
We are fishing Saturday through Monday in little Italy for salmon. We plan to run out early with the favorable Tides and get back before the winds. Saturday is clearing up nicely but Monday has gotten a little worse.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
We are fishing Saturday through Monday in little Italy for salmon. We plan to run out early with the favorable Tides and get back before the winds. Saturday is clearing up nicely but Monday has gotten a little worse.
Saturday is looking like its shaping up!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Not sure what sites you all are using. But I see double digit winds and 5' swells for Saturday. Doable, but not comfortable, particularly with an ebb tide all morning...

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
I will be out Saturday chasing deep water Halibut. Going to chase Salmon the first 1/2 day of Sunday.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Not sure what sites you all are using. But I see double digit winds and 5' swells for Saturday. Doable, but not comfortable, particularly with an ebb tide all morning...
That's spring weather, this weekend is fishable for my standards. With salmon we will be near shore and can pull the plug before noon when the winds pick up.

Tides are very favorable this weekend. Low slack is just before sunrise and the exchange is small.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
971 Posts
The wind looks like a full day event. The 4’-5’ swell isn’t too bad as long as the period stays long. Still gonna fish the Big C instead.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So, we left the dock around 8:15 and fished until 1 then had a long slow slog back from Seal rock. Total for the day, 2 seabass… checker said no salmon when we came through. I marked a ton and saw jumpers but no biters.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry multi-tasking and drinking beer never pays. Told a story about seals and clearly didn't read for content. 3 arches

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Sorry multi-tasking and drinking beer never pays. Told a story about seals and clearly didn't read for content. 3 arches
A tough day on the water then you get beat-up on the internet!
hopefully the fish gods treat ya right next time out!
we need some calm seas.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A tough day on the water then you get beat-up on the internet!
hopefully the fish gods treat ya right next time out!
we need some calm seas.

Eh I’m fine. It was a rough ride back in my 19 ft Duckworth but made it back… beats the heck out of working

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Eh I’m fine. It was a rough ride back in my 19 ft Duckworth but made it back… beats the heck out of working
I have been working and thinking about time off to fish and weighing that out my self! Good for you getting after it. If somthing doesn't change with the weather, I may have to get beat up a little!

·
Premium Member
18,487 Posts
Ya, I was thinking about that slog you spoke of and agreeing that it was a long ride. Glad you got out, though. I was looking at Saturday but NOAA is showing a Small Craft Advisory for Friday morning through Saturday morning. Even if the wind calms down to the 10~15 forecast, it will likely be super sloppy. This wuss is staying on land.

1 - 20 of 166 Posts