IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished out of Garibaldi on a flat ocean today and limited the boat with coho. We headed strait out from the bar and dropped in at 183' ( about 2 miles out). I had planned on fishing for coho with a diver at 16 pulls but when I got to 2 a fat 12LB'er about jerked the rod out of my hand!The fishing was good and the ocean was beautiful. We limited the boat by 11:00 AM with 6 fat coho that had the proper fin missing after releasing natives and going thru a ton of bait! Only had 7 keeper crab in the pots on the way in but it was a great day. All fish were in the 10 to 15 LB range and caught on frozen herring fished behind divers and flashers. Tight lines ... The fishhog

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
10 to 15 pound silvers, WOW :cool: Very respectful fish, good job and thanks for the report :cheers:

We did well ourselves out of Newport today. My mate and I nailed our limits of silvers and was off the water in no time. Green glow hoochies behind a fish flash and diver at about 14 pulls. I call this set up my Catch and Eat silver slapper :wink:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts