IFish.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After preping and launching it was 6:40 before we left the dock - hoping Doug would show up.

Dropped 4 traps south of the jetty, and ran out to 200' deep, passing a floatilla at 175' deep. 1st fish was a shark which took all of Smily's gear (delta diver, fish flash, mooching rig, and herring).

Ocean was nice and flat, overcast most of the day.

We ended up with 1 king, 2 coho, lots of crackered off and released unclipped coho, released undersized lings, and 19 crab. WOW!!! :cheers:

Found out later that Doug arrived early, and while helping others launch their boat, got his finger tip cut off and needed to go to the hospital. Quite depressed. :depressed:

Cheerio'
Skipper

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Oh thanks for the in-your-face report Skip. Talk about depressed!

I had canned tuna and a tylenol 3 for dinner. What a birthday.

Congrats guys, hope to be healthy next time around. (Ill buy food AND gas AND crab bait AND herring if I make it ON the boat!...Saturdays looking good :wink: )

[ 07-10-2003, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: cirrhosis-of-the-river ]

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
What a fun day it was, The seas couldn't be any better. I had never had a shark steel all my stuff the way it did before. I was most impressed how it broke and frayed the line where it did. About a foot up from where the swivel was tied on. Here is a fine pic of the coho I got and one of them fine tasty crabby's I got. :dance: :grin:

Here is a new trick I learned from Skipper on how to drain your coho before it goes in the fish box. Ain't it something? :shocked:

cirrhosis-of-the-river
Sorry you missed out yesterday on all the great fun. Hope we can get out and try again.

:smile: Smily :smile:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts