IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
119,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The City of Garibaldi is having their first annual Salmon/Crab Derby during Garibaldi Days, on July 26th, and 27th of this year! :smile:

What a great event!!! Lots going on!

REGISTER FOR THE SALMON DERBY AND WIN $$$!

FREE REGISTER TO CATCH A TAGGED CRAB IN THE BAY WIN $$

LOVE OLD CARS? COME TO GARIBALDI'S VINTAGE & HOT ROD CAR SHOW!

GOLFERS SIGN UP FOR GARIBALDI'S GOLF TOURNAMENT AT ALDERBROOK!

For a registration application, Please click here!
Please complete and mail the form and your check to:
Garibaldi Chamber of Commerce
P.O. Box 915
Garibaldi, Oregon 97118.

The advanced registration guarantees you a spot in the derby.
Please check in during the registration hours to pick up your Derby ticket.
The ticket must be presented at the Official Weigh Station and must have an official validation to win the prize (6/30/03).

For derby rules Please click here!

Come on down to the coast and celebrate fishing with Garibaldi Days! :smile:

Jen

[ 07-13-2003, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Hey folks, you should all do this. Have fished 4 days this week. Have not seen so many Coho in 20 years. Also have seen some very large CH. Lee Darby boated a 38 and I would guess about a 25 lb. Friday. We have been getting very big Coho, 15lb plus. Not to bad this early, can you think what these fish are going to way in a month? Now you may ask where the hell is Garibaldi, well it is just north of Tillamook city, come try it. This past week the ocean was like a skating rink. Limits in a couple of hours. Tides are a litte off this week, so watch it, but should still be great fishing.Jerry

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Ok Jerry, I will bite, How far out are the coho and do we have to be willing to run 10 miles out to find fish. I have not put in there for about 15 years and as I recall, some days you can get out and some you cannot. Most of the days I tried, I could not cross the bar due to conditions.

What is the best time to try crossing that bar. Compared to low or high tides please. I will see if I can come up with a crew but only if fish are within a short distance of the bar. Short meaning I will run 3 to 5 miles depending on the seas and weather. However weathter should not be a problem at that time.

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I may be up for the trip. I too have not crossed that bar in about 15 yrs. Would be nice to put a couple of boats together.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
snapshot, you definitely don't have to travel any 10 miles out of Garibaldi to find cohos. As it was starting to get pretty ugly conditions last Saturday, we headed in. Well, without a full limit, I couldn't stand not to at least give it another shot once we got back directly off the jetty mouth, in only 150ft of water, which was less than a mile from the bar. This effort quickly resulted in three fish to the boat in ten or fifteen minutes.

·
Administrator
119,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's EXACTLY what Bill did on that very same day! Too funny!

The biggest fish he caught was at 150!

Jen

·
Administrator
119,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone hear how the tournament went?
Jen

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Iheard from a friend that some guy had a thirty- eight(38) at the docks. Don't know what he used but my friend said it had a large fish inside it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts