IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We came, we saw, we went home.

This is for all of you who wish you were there.

Watched the bar for about an hour around 6:00 and it appeared doable. Outside wasn't. A good share of the boats that crossed came back in shortly. The wind was SW about 15kts when we got there and 20kts when we left. My partner went out yesterday and just didn't want to get pounded again. Too rough to fight a fish unless you had your seatbelt on. Don't know about the netter.

:shrug:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Was in a boat that braved the conditions. It was the worst water I have been in! We released one nate and had two other take downs. If the water would have been better I know we would have limited. The ride in was a scary one. Not worth it for sure.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Gee, ya'know I do feel better for reading that ...and my garage is clean and my lawn is mowed and I cleaned the bathrooms ! You talk about your "brownie points" ...way to use your head and live to fish a calmer day. All the best.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's all in the timing isn't it Swampy? My wife was on a campout somewhere near Eugene so I used the previously scheduled fishing time to water her flowers and garden, washed her dishes, cleaned up her kitchen, took out the garbage, made her bed, took out her Saturday paper, read the Sunday paper for her, drank a couple beers that were cluttering up the fridge and exercised her dog. Talk about points!
Whatta guy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts