IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bill and I went steelhead fishing a month ago, and Bill put away my ifish rod, (that you guys went together and bought me for Christmas, and had engraved.)

We went to go summer steelhead fishing a week ago, and Bill took my ifish rod down. "Wait a minute!" I said. "Look at the tip! It's broken!"

:depressed:

I sent it in, with a note that I'd like to retain the butt section, since it was signed.

Two days later, I got a rod replacement and the butt of my old one, too!

No bill... no nothing! Just a packing slip.

I called in, today, to get the bill. I had written a note that I had no idea how it had broken. That it had been laying on a rack and we hadn't noticed when it had happened. I asked if they could examine it to figure out what it looked had happened, because they are usually very experienced in that.

Anyway... They said they thought it was the rod's fault, and replaced the whole thing for free!

WHEEEEEEEEEEE!

Great service, and thank you, Loomis!

Jen

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Man..............that NEVER happens to me! Then again--no question, they have all been my fault

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
I think you more than paid their bill in the initial cost of the rod and the feedback plug. I don't yet own a Loomis, but I'm seriously tempted. Lighter than a feather. Nice.

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yip. Lamiglas is top notch!

I've heard stories like what happened to me at Lamiglas, but hadn't at Loomis.

I paid 40 something last time for their expeditor program, but I had rolled up my electric window on the tip of it. It was obviously my fault.

It's nice to know that there are some top notch customer service things happening in the fishing world! :smile:

Jen

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Jennie,
From now on I am sending you my broken rods for you to send in for me. How big is your garage? Do you own a Kenworth with a 55' trailer attached to it? Does a heavy haul trucking firm deliver at your address?

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it were just cuz it was me, I wouldn't have paid for the others. :smile:

J

·
Registered
395 Posts
Two years ago a buddy set his hook into me whle we were fishing the Deschutes and snapped the end of my 1084 IMX off. I went up two fishermans and told them what happened and they sent me back a new one 3 weeks later no questions asked.

If I recall I don't think they even charged that much for the shipping(under 10 bucks?)

All in all I was really pleased. But currently I'm waiting for a GL2 9'10-20(forest green) that I ordered through a friend over a month ago and It's still back ordered :mad:

Thats my experiences, I guess you take the good with bad. I still love my loomis' and would recommend it too anyone wanting one. I'll even let yuh try it if were banking it.

Later Geoff

[ 08-13-2003, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: weekend warrior ]

·
Registered
462 Posts
I too have experienced the same great Loomis customer service.
I have a 6ft GL2 trout rod that I broke the tip off of when I was taking it out of the boat. I called up customer service, and they sent me a new rod without even seeing my broken rod. I recieved the new rod in 3 days, took it out of the tube, put the old rod back into the shipping tube and shipped it back. Sure they charged me 50 bucks to do this, but that's more than 50% off the original rod price. And the fact that they sent me a new rod before even seeing my old rod really impressed me.

Also had the same great service at Lamiglas. I stepped on the top half of my 8'6" Norwest Special snapped it in half. Walked into the Lamiglas shop in Woodland, explained what happend, and he handed me a new top half free of charge, and said watch them feet next time! WOW! is all I could say!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts