IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We enjoyed our time in Charleston and did a bit of fishing below the house. We caught a fair amount of Pink Tail (red tail?) Perch using (2) #2 hooks and mole crabs we collected during the previous low tide.

Last night I handed my rod to my wife to "try for a few second" and what do ya think happens??

We had perch for breakfast this morning!! Yumm! Good stuff.

I also caught a Flounder this morning which gave us some nice fillets.

I have to do more of the surf and rock fishing in the near future. It's a blast. :dance:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Nice job fast water. Seen ya down at Cedar Creek tonight (At least my brother, Quick Fisher, said it was you). You have any luck?

Carp

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You guys were down there? Dang, I missed ya. Yeah I was up in the corner on the North side for a couple of hours winding down from the drive home.

No luck. As a matter of fact it seemed slow for the short time I was there after 1830 hrs.

How did you guys do?

:smile:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Well, we were actually on the Clark County side over on the rock with bobbers. We decided to go over on that side and gove it a try. Quick Fisher and I were there with our dad. My brother said that was you who pulled in. My dad ended up with two on the bank, but they both had that dang extra fin. I spent more time undoing an dang backlash. Another guy by us had two for the day as well, but his were keepers and one of them were caught before we got there. We didn't get up there until probably 5:30 or later.

Well, maybe we'll see you up there agin somtime on the same side of the river. :grin: We plan on going up some more. Good luck. I look almost like Quick Fisher. Some think we are twins, but I can never accept such an insult. :laugh: If I see you, I'll say hello.

Good Luck
Ryan

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
nice looking perch,
how many did you end up with? Quick Fisher

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not too sure how many we ended up with. Enough for three meals for 6 people anyway. Plus a flounder. I have to say that when the flounder got sideways in the outgoing surge, it nearly doubled my rod over. It felt like I was trying to bring up a large Salmon.

Funny note: While fishing the surf, my brother ended up catching six small crab (all female and an inch below the limit) and nothing else. My dad and I were having fun with it each time he pulled in a crab. Needless to say my brother was getting frustrated providing the comic relief.

:smile:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts