IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, I am telling you I have the biggest springer skunk ever going! I have fished 5 days in a row starting saturday and haven't touched a fish. I have seen tons(literally!!) of fish caught but I have only managed one hit and a bunch of wet clothes. I just about chunked my rod and reel in the river tonight, I just missed the bite and then the sky broke loose and gave me a shower. I knew I was a little stanky after work but c'mon cut me a break!! I plan on hitting it again tomorrow evening after work at the usual catwalk. I am gonna hit it everyday till I bonk one of these chromers. Is there some special fish dance that will help? Any one got some spare mojo they want to throw my way? I can use all the help I can get!! Tight lines.
SB

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I here ya Steelie, I don't want to think about how many hours I've put in without chrome in the box! :shocked: Heading out in the morning cause it's bound to happen eventually! :dance:

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Steelie Ben,

Try saying to the fish Bink, Bink, Bink! several times through out your fishing. i have had many fish strike while teasing my friends with this simple saying...Hey..What can it hurt!! :grin: :laugh: :dance:

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
All I can say is, don't give up! We fished every weekend, both days since before sturgeon season closed and finally caught our first ones on sunday!!! Just keep putting in the time and sooner or later your number will be up!!!!!

Dipnet :grin:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Wash your hands with anise and cover your bait with it. Springers love it! :grin:

·
Premium Member
14,483 Posts
keep at it!! you'll make the rest of us look less foolish for doing the same. i once convinced about a dozen folks to fish the wilson at flood stage simply by doing so myself.

but seriously, the fish are out there and sooner or later you're bound to get your ticket punched if you keep at it. my fishy dance is pretty worthless and i've found that i do better without it. i used up my mojo already but maybe someone else has some they can spare you.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Were you down at the catwalk yesterday?? My dad and I were the ones on the end in red and yellow (bobber fishin). They are in there. I'll see ya later.

MH

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the mojo Knuckle I need all the help I can get!! Yeah, I was the one down there in the Yellow and Blue coat, the big goofy one. Did you guys do any good with the whole bobber thing? I am gonna head back down tonight after work so maybe with my on borrow mojo and some anise I will be able to hook some fish. I will post results later.
SB

·
Registered
532 Posts
5 days eh--- well, I would almost feel sorry for you, but-- I'm fishless with about 100 hours logged since the last week of March-- Up at 3 on the weekends etc. And yes, very wet too, especially last night, I'm not sure where the hurrican came from, thank god it was short lived--

Just keep plunking away-- I'm in search of a new techniques, and tonight, it may be the jig and yellow corn with out the bobber approach-- call it the JigNcorn with out a bobber technique

all kidding set aside, it will happen.. my 1st was last spring, my 2nd and 3rd last fall... I relive those moments in my head each and every time I'm out.. it's the only way to cope

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
Tilla= 117 hrs= NADA!
No Springer! Zilch!Pfft! :hoboy:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Well. I don't fell so bad. I have about the 100hrs in my self with no luck.

After I get moved I am fishing everyday till I catch a nice FAT CHROMER :dance: :dance: :dance:

[ 04-24-2003, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: Big Dog ]

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Springers can be a moody bunch. Don't fish for them until it gets really good. Wait,wait,wait, until they stack up and then throw the whole box at them. Learn where and when they hang out and pound every area you know. Different techniques will get you into more fish if the bite is slow.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Steelie Dan, how much lead are you using in front of those spinners? I was thinking I would come down and try my LUCK..

·
Registered
702 Posts
Do you have one of these? I had to retire my old good luck troll and gave him a swim in the river after many hours and no fish . My wife got me 3 more to try ....still nothing till two of them fell off and this was the last one standing then Fish on! He now stands right beside my fish finder . People think I am nuts when they see it in my boat :grin:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Had to work late tonight so I didn't get down to fish. :mad: Its ok, anyone fish down at the catwalk tonight? How was the bite? I will be down tomorrow if I get off early enough. I have a whole tub of anise to roll around in and I bought stock in the little troll dolls so I should have them jumping in the box!! All kidding aside, I have only caught one springer my whole life. It was a 30+ pound nate up at bonnie two years ago, I had to let him swim away. I figured that would help my so called karma a long ways but I haven't touched a springer since. I would say that I am pushing 100+ hours without a fish. Anybody wanna buy a couple rods and reels?!?! :grin: :wink:
SB

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
It happens to the best of us. Just keep at it...never give up, never! It once knew a pretty good fisherman who went 42 days without a fish. I fished last Tuesday and got a good "butt whippin'"
I have never fished in such a good bite without catching a fish.
I mean this was a good bit. I let a buddy of mine slip right in beside me and he caught 2 in about 10 minutes. :whazzup: Your time will come...I promise you. Hope mine comes along pretty soon too.
Fishrite

1 - 18 of 18 Posts