IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will Tuna keep if it's frozen? For how long? Can you vacuum pack and freeze Tuna? Last question. If you smoke Tuna will it keep in the fridge or do you need to freeze that as well? I was told yesterday by a fellow fisherman that Tuna won't keep in the freezer. I sure hope thats not true. Had some fresh Tuna this weekend off the grille and it was great!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I have had six month old vacuum sealed (frozen, of course) tuna and it tasted great. Surely, it wasn't as good as fresh but that is true of all fish.

I've had it smoked, too and it had been in the freezer for some time after vacuum sealing. And, yes, you can can frozen tuna.

Now, go get more!!!!

:cheers:

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Post this question over on the Salty Dogs board and I'll bet you get more answers. Those guys are tuna fishing NUTS!! :wink: :grin: Seems tuna fever is a very addictive disease over there.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, the Tuna!holics are alive and well. :grin: I got my answer though. I'll go ahead and vacuum pak and freeze this stuff. White Swan III sells it at the dock down here in Newport and I was thinking about buying some more after having grilled up some fresh the other night. MMMMMMMMMMMMM Good! I also tried smoking some and that was great as well. The guy on the White Swan gave me a pamphlet with a bunch of recipes that I'm gonna have to try. :smile:

[ 08-26-2003, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Sea Foam ]

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Sea Foam,
Now don't forget to share those recipes (only good ones) that you try out with your Ifish.net buds. I am always lurking on the internet to find new brines and recipes to try on salmon, tuna, coho and halibut.
Keep us posted if you will.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would like to vacuum pak and freeze mine if it's ok to do so. This guy telling me that you can't do it is what's got me wondering. He also said that he wasn't certain if it was tuna or something else. I would like to hear from someone who has done this without problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts