IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set and I like them. I only use them in the boat though, wouldn't recommend them for bank use if there is any brushwhacking involved. Definately get the bibs. If you are standing and sitting alot and wearing a lifejacket, water will eventually creep in with just the pants - the bibs do the trick.

Oh and yeah they have them at FMS in Oregon city - at least they did earlier in the year

·
Administrator
119,640 Posts
Bill and I take them in the boat, always.

We used to go in if it rained. Not any more! I actually have worn them bank fishing through brush, and was surprised to find they really held up! I haven't ripped them yet, and I'm not easy on things when I bank fish!

I don't know how much they will take, but I've been through the berries!

I really love them, cuz they are so light! Other people have these heavy old rain suits on, and I'm doing jumping jacks in the boat!
I love them!

I love the new camo ones! :smile:

·
Registered
784 Posts
I bought a pair early this year from Cabelas. No question that they're light weight but I am disappointed in the wear showing on knees, etc. through "normal" wear fishing - mostly in boats. If I had to do it again I'd pass on them and find something else.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Anybody know where to buys these in the Portland area or have a comment? Thanks

·
Registered
811 Posts
They have them at Fisherman's Marine in Delta Park. Probably in Oregon City as well but can't confirm that. They're very lightweight and great at keeping the wind and water off you. But don't take them thru heavy brush. They're a bit flimsy and will tear easily if subjected to thorns, briars, etc.

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
I have a set. They are good as windbreaker. Have not been in a rain storm with them yet so can't tell you much about water tightness. They do seem like they would not take much abuse, so I have been careful with them, I only wear them on my boat.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Check out this bit of info from our Fearless (and dry) leader......... Frogg Toggs

Scott

[ 09-15-2003, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: fishingfirst ]

·
Registered
100 Posts
I also have a pair of Frogg Toggs. I have been in my boat in a pouring rain several times and except for right around the cuffs, they have kept me bone dry. No leaks at all.

I guess what I don't like is when they get soaked on the outside, they feel like you are wearing a wet rag, even though you are dry on the inside.

I very much like their light weight. So, I think they have their place and I still use them, but I also use my regular rain slicker as the conditions dictate.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I also have a set with the bibs and have had them on in pouring continuous rain and they kept me very dry when they were new. I have noticed that the are starting to wear alot thought and have started to leak where they are worn. Mostly aroud the knees and seat. I have only worn them in my boat and have also ripped them in one spot. For occasional light use I would say they would be ok. But, if you need something to last all season and will use them alot as I have I would buy something a little tougher. my 2 pennies worth.

Luke

·
Registered
261 Posts
Has anybody tried this stuff?
I saw a vender at a garden show last year selling it and he swore it was much better and more durable than Frogg Toggs.

www.rainshield.com

He said you can buy these at some sporting goods store in Centralia.

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts