IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that OC is about to become center stage I will share todays tidbit.

We launch at Scap Bay around 1pm today. I see the big engine has water runing out of every hole except the pee hole. Hmm. Looks like the whole compartment is flooding. Well we kick it off the trailer and kicker it over to the dock so we don't tie up the ramp.

The gasket from the engine to the cooling manifold( now I aint sure that "cooling manifold is the correct technical term, but who cares, point is -it is prime time and we aint going fishing).Water is squirting out at a rapid rate and to make things worse, there aint no easy way to tighten up everything that has vibrated loose without major surgery.

Uncle Mark is not in the best of moods. The dog is introducing himself to everyone who walks by, which is not as cute as he thinks it is. Dad stands there smoking a menthol. He knows we aint going fishing either.

A single angler launches an unpainted Willie and ties up next to us. He walks by and makes the polite small talk we all would make to someone about to miss the hot bite due to mechanical problems. He parks his pickup and is back with a black dog in tow. I tell him we are going home to work on the new to me sled. He gives an understanding look and OFFERS TO TAKE ME AND DAD FISHING- "...If yall really want to go". I thank him and decline the offer. I am cursing a well known mechanic, out loud. He understands.

Now in the next month or so, there is gonna be a lot of complaining about other fishers' ethics and crowds and such. But remember this- A complete stranger was kind enough to invite me and dad to go fishing today just because we were having a tough hour. Not everyone is a bad guy.

So, if you are out there Mr. cowboy hat in a white Ford, thank you for being kind to someone just because it was the highlight of my day.

Mark Duray.

Oh yeah, and the dog.

[ 04-26-2003, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: Flatfish ]

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
Mark,

Sorry about the motor. Hope it gets back together soon.

Count me wrong but I just put two and two together and I am willing to bet you just met Gun Rod Bow. Class act!

You should have taken him up on it. You could have exchanged lies about me!

:cheers:

·
Registered
13,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Gary,

it may have been. Willie with Merc tiller 200.I wanna say Merc kicker, but I aint positive. No paint on the boat. White Ford. Black dog. Cowboy hat. Cowboy facial hair. Pink tutu. Black fishnet stockings. Rubber gloves. Barn boots. Sound like him?

Mark and the dog.

p.s. we will get it back together soon. Probably convert it to a tiller when it is in the shop if we have time. If not, well who cares? It is time to fish.

If that was you GRB, thank you.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
The man you are looking for is GUN,ROD and BOW. I talked with him at the ramp around 5:00pm.........Chris

[ 04-25-2003, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: fishnxtc ]

·
Registered
13,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think that's him. Hard to tell without the tutu. :wink:

I might get in the Willie, but now that I lowered my standards( and bought an Aluma... I can't say it...Aluma...Uhhhg,One of Page's boats-Although I think Willie was still involved in '81-I don't know if I deserve to ride in a Willie;)But I would like to do it out of my ride if I can get the thing up and atom soon. If not, you betchya.

Bruce-Thanks for the kind offer.

You too Hog.

Mark and the dog.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Mark & Hog,

Perhaps we should have a reunion tour. MAYBE????? I'll catch a fish.

I must have been attacked by a gaggle of skunks.

Nada, zip, zero, nothing.... Help :shrug:

The last fish I had was from QFC.

'Help me Obe-wan, you are our only hope.'

J

[ 04-26-2003, 06:35 AM: Message edited by: Redbull ]

·
Registered
14,759 Posts
Been off line for a couple days due to the "home compuuter being :sick:

I called Hog this morning to see if OC was as dead as the MC. It was, but he dutifully pulled a fish I see. WTG "Lord Of Swine".

He told me about this story so I brought in my laptop to check.

Mark if I had only known that were you and the famous dog, I'd have removed the tutu and given you a propper "how do yah do"!

No way the fishnet stockings are coming off though. I must have VPL if you could see them through the jeans.

I was just on one of those really mello afternoon float arounds and have been in that place (broke boat) before. You call that a dog!!! When he jumped up on the dock I thought it was a bull sea lion :shocked: He's a big fella. I only feed mine every third day to keep him nice and small :grin: :wink:

Offer still stands, lots-o-room in the Willie. You didn't miss much.

By how Willamette is dropping and warming...couple of days we'll be back in 'em.

Good to almost meet you. It may have been too much for 1 day since I did meet the famous Fishin XTC and 5-Cents all in the same day.

I have enjoyed chatting with and reading about all of you guys.

Let's go get some springers!!

GRB

(No Tutu, stockings are for warmth...honest)

·
Registered
873 Posts
Sorry about your mechanical, hope they are all fixed by now. There are a heck of a lot of great folks out there. It's that 1 or 2% that are JERKS. They must have been abused children.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts