IFish.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be quick, about to crash and burn!

Lots of boats out of Newport today, also out of Depoe. Silverfish started at 50 x 40, picked up some, others did too. Bite slowed, we moved NW, I think it was about 55 x 48 where
we got some more. Fairly blue, but not the really clear blue, water. we had a good catch, not as many was we wanted, but good enough at 19. Several others got lots of fish, way more than we did. Trolled over the 61 spot coming home, nada. Surprised me too. Water there was not very clear at all though. Water was warm all over the place, we had some that was 65.6 degrees and I've calibrated my temp sensor too!

Ocean was beautiful, ran out between 14 and 20 knots, most at 16 to 18. Ran in from 17 to 25 knots, the ocean varied as always.

57 degree water out past the jetties this morning, bodes well for salmon I hope.

oh, yeah, to start the morning the jumping daisy chains did the best, later it was swimbaits trolled betweeen 4 and 5 knots. Trolled one big lure all day, nothing on it. Not many triples, not even that many doubles.

it'll be crowded out there tomorrow!
ron m

·
Registered
17,792 Posts
Ron, thanks for the ride on your boat Friday - had a great time fishing, chatting and doing our thing :cheers:

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Ron, Great day on the water with you and Stickfish. Seen your boat on the water many times and it was a great tuna platform. One of the most enjoyable days of tuna fishing! :cheers:

Thanks again,
Freakwater

1 - 5 of 5 Posts