IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anything happening out there or has it really died off? I'm planning on a thur trip but may go for gators in the gorge instead,some friends have been getting keepers every day up there.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
We fished downstream a bit today from 11-5. Picked up one 18lb hen and had a few drivebys. Only saw one other caught for 6 or 7 boats. Seemed pretty slow but this was our first time out so ?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reports, sounds as if it is slowing.Maybe after this rain the bite will pick up again.I usually fish for springers and have never caught a fall fish yet.I got my neighbors wife her first salmon ever Sat it was their anniversary,And probably her best present ever seeing how happy she was. :grin: I was in such a hurry to get on the water after a late start I forgot the net so I had to let her play it out and then bonked it with the club when it was beat.

·
Registered
339 Posts
fishnagain,

If you don't mind sharing, where in the gorge are you getting the gators? I've only been fishing for them for bout a year now, and primarily around kelly pt. I'm ready to learn some new water. More importantly I'm ready to score a couple keeper's.

Oh by the way, fished frenchman's last night - way slow and the river was pretty nasty. Lots of ship and barge traffic. Less than 10 boats out there fishing it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Fished for sturgeon on Sat didn't get a single keeper or shaker but we caught 4 oversized ranging from 7 to 9 feet in length.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts