IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the Frenchman's area today for the first time and got the big goose egg. :shrug: Saw one fish boated for about 50 boats all morning. Fished everything from Alvins to Wrapped, Kwik Fish and even dropped a few choice spinners out the back. Fished the 40 to 50 foot depths and moved a couple times to different HL's. I am new to this Fall URB season on the CR, and from the posts on Ifish it sounds like it is getting late for the URB's around that area? What dates does the season generally span?
I think I will start tossing bobbers over on the Siletz if the weather continues in its current trend (Cooling/wetter) the fish should start to move into the upper holes in tidewater. Much Thanks :bowdown: to the Ifishers for the info about the fishery, Maybe next year I will start earlier!!! LuckDuck1
---------------------------------
The worst day fishing is better than the best day working!!!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I was wondering the same thing, and since Mr.Lutz hasn't graced us with a fall chinook chart (I really liked those) i'm not too sure what to expect. i see the numbers going over Bonneville dropped from 20k+ to 12k on sunday. Has the run peaked, or were the fish too tired from not biting on saturday to swim up the ladder?

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
I hear from the Kalama area that things changed dramaticaly for the better this AM!!

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
water temps have the fish in lock jaw mode by the time they hit frenchmans area. Try further down river. the new rain and lower temps should bring the bite into full swing in all areas.
Frenchmans can be a 3 day run for alot of fish from the salt and with great numbers reported at kalama and below past 2 days look for frenchmans to explode on the bite any tide now...don't miss this week if you can! :cheers:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Fshklr :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts