IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're heeere........Good action today all around Frenchmans. Still not a horde of boats, but those that were there did well for the most part. Quite a few multiple fish boats, some limits. Fish were taken all over. Outside and very inside were the best early, but boats all over the spread took fish.

I fished solo today since my First Mate had to work, but did manage one 16# to the box(with sea lice). Two other drive bys. Finally settled on about a five foot dropper with a four and half foot leader. Alvins looked to be the choice from those that I could see. Water temp was around 69 degrees, still moss collecting on the line but not too troublesome, lures stayed clean, just line weight after awhile. Go fish!

N

·
0 Posts
Just below the mouth of the Willamette. Follow the boats.

There you went and done it fortywinks, right before my vacation! :laugh:

[ 08-27-2003, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: ****** ]

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well ******, it's my vacation now. Up till today I thought I was going to miss the first rush, and miss out on that mid-week fishing, and be relagated to the weekends as usual.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, you asked about "Son"...........well he said he's TOO BUSY! Can you believe that? Even called him tonight and told him he can occupy "open seat", since he is boatless, or trailerless actually, but he says he has to build his shed in the backyard. I wonder if he is putting a bed in it?

·
Registered
7,180 Posts
You guys are killing me. No more "Frenchmans Bar" reports until I get my trailer fixed! :rolleyes:

Guess I better get hammer slamming and board butchering.

Good luck tomorrow! :cheers:

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Ah, Steel, frenchmen's bar is THE bank spot in the Vancouver area on the big C. Head I5 north, or south to the Mill Plain, or fourth plain exit, someone help me out here, I know it by sight, then head west and follow that all the way out, turns into lower river road, which runs into the park on the right. Good luck, TOC.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Thanks for the great report fortywinks!! :smile: Now I don't know what to do. Usually we go down to Tenmile Lake and bring our other boat home. Now I don't know if I can do it and miss the big push of URB's. What to do......what to do.... :whazzup: Oh bother, as Pooh would say!!

Dipnet :grin:

·
Registered
462 Posts
STEEL-A-MATIC
I-5 to 4th plain, in vancouver, west on 4th plain all the way to the river....turns into lower river road, you'll pass the vancouver lake park on your right....keep going....road makes a sharp left turn at the vancouver lake park, go about a mile then the road makes a very sharp right (don't be fooled by the parking lot at this corner :wink: ) you'll now pass some cows :smile: and come to a county? state? park on your left, turn left here.....Do you have to pay to be there this time of year?.....not sure about that, but go to the very last parking lot, past a mobile home on your right, and then walk down to the river from there.......good luck.

·
Banned
1,262 Posts
i'll be there after i get back from Sunlakes in eastern Wa this weekend. :dance: :cheers: Goin for the browns, cutts and walleye, and a little golf and jetski'n thrown in for fun. :dance:
see ya on the beach. :cheers:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Me and my neighbor have been fishing frenchmans for about 2 weeks now and on sat. (23rd) we got a 10 and a 34 pounder.On sun he got a 48 pounder! which almost pulled his net out of my hands!
Yesterday we got 5 for 4 people from 12 to 22 lbs.
Using either half&half alvins(brass & silver) or tom has blue and white Clancy that has 4 fish on it this year that I swear has no fish on it LESS than 25 lbs.I don't what it is about that lure but it's pattern seems to be at least one fish a day and it is ALWAYS! the biggest fish of the day!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Heather has been at the beach all week with friends. I thought I should be home when she returns. Having a 15 year old return home with mom and dad both gone could cause a boyfriend show up very quickly.

·
Registered
13,537 Posts
Originally posted by clearview2u:
Heather has been at the beach all week with friends. I thought I should be home when she returns. Having a 15 year old return home with mom and dad both gone could cause a boyfriend show up very quickly.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">As a former boyfriend, I'd say, "awwwwww, you don't need to do that!!!!" :shocked: :grin:

As a current father of a daughter, I'd say "Good Call!!" :wink: :grin:

TR

·
Registered
869 Posts
I can't wait to see how many people are going to be around Frenchman's bar over the weekend!! With hot reports..pin point directions...those fish don't stand a chance!!

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Alright!! My grand kids are coming next week and I was thinking of taking them to Astoria but this is nice and close. Where are you guys putting in to fish Frenchmens? I put in last year at Freds. Is there anyplace closer?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts