IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about fishing after work thursday...Is the small outgoing tide fishable from anchor? The wind will probably be blowing against the tide and my boat tends to wander easily. Will there be enough current to wiggle dem wobblers?

[ 08-20-2003, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: fishuntr2 ]

·
Registered
740 Posts
I have never fished the evening tide at Frenchmens. I do like to fish the late afternoon outgoing around Rainier though. Some days I have done better after everyone else has packed up for the day. Plenty of current down there-should be plenty at Frenchmens.

·
Registered
17,215 Posts
Fishhunter, the current should be no problem - low slack is not until ~ 9:24, sunset is about 8, so you'll be quitting before low slack.

We fished last night until 7pm with a low slack at 7:27 and there was plenty of current to work the lures. The wind, however, did really kick in at 5pm and we had to put the trolling motor in reverse to keep somewhat steady.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Last year there was an article in the Oregonian about Frenchmans beach, there are some regulars that have been fishing it for decades.... :grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Garyk,...thanx for the update. I will be out there tomorrow around 5:30.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Jokester: like BH stated head towards Vanc.lake, best way is west on Fouth Plain Rd. till road ends you see V. lake and follow the road as it curves to left you'll see park on left side. $3.00 adm. park in farthest parking lot to south (gravel) walk over hill, you'll see people if you hit out going, if your early head a little more south then where your rig is parked. I've never seen people fishing by play area except me when the kid and I fished it before the boat. Seen several fish caught last year down there. Hear stories of the days before they shut river down that this was the spot to get them. Lots of good people down there to talk with. Good luck

·
Registered
10,875 Posts
I've heard a lot mentioned about Frenchman's Bar. My question is...I know it's in Vancouver, but where exactly?? Seeing as I don't have a boat, next question would be if there's anywhere to bank fish for Salmon/Steelhead there, and if so, do the bankees do any good there? Not trying to pry into anyone's honey hole, I'm just trying to find some alternative spots to fish when my usual ones aren't doing so hot. Any info would be greatly appreciated. If you don't want to post here, please E-mail me. Thanks.

-jokester

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
It't over by Vancouver Lake. Drive out that way and you will see the park. Never fished there, but I am certain you can fish from the shore.

·
Registered
10,875 Posts
Thanks BH & hooksetter. Took the girlfriend and went down to explore and found Frenchman's Bar Park last night after we got home from work. That would have been my next question was where at the park do they fish from. Now I don't have to ask :grin: I'm gonna try it out this weekend...maybe Saturday. Anyone got a bank report from there?? Thanks again for all your info! :bowdown:

-jokester

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
jokster,
frenchman bar is out on lower river road. you go east on 4th plain, past the port of vancouver, keep going out when you get to vancouver lake follow the road to the left. follow it out to the park on the left side. you can miss it. good luck :dance:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts