IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I can say is :sleep: :sleep: :hoboy:

About the worst day I have ever seen. 150+ boats and saw 3 ,yes, 3 fish caught. Fish checker at Cathedral said he only checked a couple. May still go tomorrow unless something better comes along.

Nice fishing with you Tacklebuster we'll get em next time.

****** - :bowdown:

Rustyl - good to see you and Toni are getting that boat wet. :grin:

[ 09-07-2003, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: WaterDog ]

·
Registered
543 Posts
ditto on the dead day at Frenchman's -- we only saw one caught and tossed back..don't know if it was too small or was wild coho..but it's been set free. We were next to rustyl .. I had 1 drive-by after we first got there...and then nothing :sleep: :sleep:

Sure hope next week is better!

·
Registered
591 Posts
were you guys there at first light? How was the current once the tide changed? Do you think the cooler night tonight and possible rain with low pressure moving in will help out tommorow? Were the fish caught on the inside or outside of the lines.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup, there at first light and stayed until 1:30 or so when there was next to no current.

Caty - sorry I missed ya. :depressed:

[ 09-06-2003, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: WaterDog ]

·
Registered
638 Posts
We fished at 205 bridge today, absolutly dead! Was good Thursday evening, what happened to all the fish?
Saw 1 fish caught, fish checker at Chinook landing said she had only checked in 1 fish at around 1 pm.
There before daylight only fish caught was by an inside boat about 8 am.

Whats the best bet for Sunday? Raineer for early tide or Bonneville or just hope it will be better tommorow?

-Steve

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Down river is just as bad, fished Rainer from 1 hr before daylight untill the tide changed saw 6 fish for 200 boats. Fished the afternoon tide yesterday and it was also dead. We need a new good push of fish.

·
Registered
543 Posts
The fish took off for the weekend! Ya think? Wonder if it has to do with the barometric pressure changin...bet the fishing picks up again Monday when the front's past!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I was at Frenchmans today - took my wife and father-in-law. My wife caught a nice Coho at Hammond two weeks ago, and I got lucky on Labor Day at Frenchmans. Since I've known my father-in-law (20 years), I've witnessed him catch two seagulls (funny story there), a star fish (Tillamook bay CAN be tricky ;-), and my dog (dogs DO like power bait) at Crane Prairie.

I was hoping he'd get to finally get a Salmon, but we were denied. The boy in the boat next to us had one on early on (8'ish), but lost it. I saw two other fish landed up until 1:30. We tried alvins, kwik-fish (wrapped), but nothing. I did not pick up anything on the FF - we were at 39'. I saw some activity up closer to the surface - did anybody see anything down low on the finders (just curious if I was in the wrong spot - about 200 yards upstream of the big orange anchored ship)...

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
We talked to H20Dog at Freds and he made some remark to me about staying home in the kitchen. :grin: Now I wish I would have!! Could have accomplished a lot more than I did out on the water!!! Nice talking to you H20!! We didn't even get a hit today. :depressed:

Dipnet :grin:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
what a great day on the water it was at frenchmans today. if only the fish had been in the game. i counted 62 boats and i saw 2 fish caught. we spent most of the morning scratching our heads trying to figure out where the 20,000+ fish a day were. the highlights of the day were meeting dipnet when we were putting in and the infamous ****** when we were taking out. saw one other ifsh sticker in our line on a pretty greenish-blue weld craft. wont get to fish till the weekend of the 20th since i won a trip to cancun the 13th through the 19th. mrs h20 wants to go really bad, i would rather stay here and fish. the sacrifices i make to keep her happy....

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
H2O Dog, That was me in your line. The fishing was the slowest I have seen in the three years of hitting that area. Oh well, you win some you loose some. See ya on the river....

·
Ray S.
900 Posts
Went to my granddaughter's soccer game in the am. Couldn't talk anybody into going with me so me and my little buddy Louie the infamous river poodle put in at Cattipillar Island around 2:30. I monkeyed around trolling and asking guys up by the ship about the morning bite. Pretty sad stories.... to say the least. Cruised down by Bachelor Island anchored out by the ship channel to catch the beginning of the tide, nothing... After an hour moved in closer to the beach [ 39 ft] and bingo he was pretty small but his mouth was black and belly was chrome. Gave it another hour and called it a day.
Louie said it's time to go so we went.
Good luck
Ray

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have a co-worker from Nepal that has never been Salmon fishing.

Today, he went boating.

Hopefully next time we will get him into some fish.

We were on the water at 5:45 a.m. and fished until about 11, when we noticed that:

A. No fish were on the fish finder even after moving three to four times.

B. No one else was catching any fish.

C. We went by the mouth of the Lewis and noticed NO ONE catching fish.

So we called it a day and I took a nap.

Hopefully the fish will be back for the Floatilla on Thursday.

So, around Bachelor and St. Helens was dead today...just FYI.

Chacal

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
We fished across from Collin's Beach yesterday. Fished with Alvins/Clancy's/Manitee's/and wrapped Kfish.

Nada, zip, nothing.

We were anchored in 48' water and saw two jump and 1 more surface right next to the boat.

Oh well, at least the view wasn't bad. Well, half of it wasn't... :grin:

Tag

·
Registered
244 Posts
Went out of Hammond yesterday with 93Striper in his boat. We fished the green line with 1000s of other boats. Only saw 4 fish caught and 2 fish in a stringer. We went thinking since we can't catch any up river we might try it down river where the fish are. Lots of fish on the finder but now takers. I thought it would be great because of the change in weather.

Maybe my skunk is started to smell up the entire river. Sorry for putting the bite off on the whole river.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts