IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ok, so whats the word? My bus goes over the freemont every morning, and in three years I've never seen more than a couple of boats around there fishing. This morning just south of the bridge there were 28 boats all crowded together! What gives? Hot Bite? Impromptu floatilla? Any one out there today?

Living vicariously from a bus window....

·
Registered
869 Posts
Matt~

I've noticed the same thing...from my Honda window. I used to think there was nobody there because of the "big boat" traffic. But this am...whoa! Maybe we will learn more when they get back to land...

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I saw them there this morning also. Been keeping an eye on the downtown willamette fishing effort. That was a bunch of boats. What gives guys..... :shrug:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I would say you are seeing the Swan Island people in formation down there...great area! Fish close to barges or the salt pile. Good luck :grin:

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Definitely seeing Swan Island fishing which is OK.

I was out tonight, got a great bite...watching the rod...it's down...up...nothing...down again...OK he's pulling away...pick up the rod reel in...reel in...and the fish comes off the hook about 10 feet from the boat....Arghh!

I picked the rod up too soon and then didn't set the hook.

Fishing with cut plug herring and a flasher. The flasher seems to help, down about 24 feet. Saw a about 5 fish caught from 4PM to 7PM.

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
Actually I would have to say this area is a mere shadow of what it was in the late 80's. It used to be you could see about 3 fish on during a hot bite (bit further downstream than Fremont bridge) from my Freightliner Corp HQ window (until the dang trees got too tall). The clustering of the boats is normal. It is a biological fact that fisherman tend to school, especially at the sign of a waving net. But as far as the fishing is there anymore, I can't see why anybody even wastes their time!

Biederboat

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
biederboat,

Well...we got two there on Sunday, a couple other boats picked up a couple there before we all moved upstream.

Probably a timing issue.

I've seen Eric Linde and other guides there. Eric is about as productive as it gets.

I missed two fish, from 3PM to 7PM, not the worst place to fish.

I see folks fishing the entrance to Multnomah Channel. I wonder about that area as I don't see many nets. Anybody fish there regularly?

Brion

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
All thru late Feb and March I kept seeing the same boat anchored just downstream of the bridge. Once in a while there would be two or three, but this one boat would always be there, anchored toward the east bank, all...day...long. Who was that?? 'Fess up! :whazzup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts