IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out fishing on the Willamette the other day, hooked a shad, and what did I pull up? a complete fishing outfit. :shocked:
If lost a set up and can identify it (or guess really good), you can get it back. :grin:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Fenwick rod and a Shimano reel....HeHe :grin: :grin:
Only problem is that I lost it a couple of years ago. Don't think the shad could last that long. :cheers: fishrite

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
About 10 years ago, a good friend of mine who was a judge was out fishing with another good friend of mine. The judge kept bragging all day long how great his "noodle rod" was working on the shad. Kept making fun of the other guys stiffer rod that had "too much backbone". Well, you guessed it, next shad that hit tore that "noodle rod" right out of his hands. If the shad you cought that was attached to that rod and reel was over 30 lbs. and appeared to be at least 10 years old, I know the owner of the rod and reel.

·
Registered
218 Posts
How about donating it to one of the fishing related conservation groups if no one claims it?

Tualatin Steelheaders are having their fund raiser this weekend - see other posting on this site.

just at thought

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
I lost a rod out at clackamette, but it was last summer. It was a lamiglass casting rod with a shimano corsair reel. Not likely mine unless it was pretty dirty and mucked up, but ya never know.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No takers yet.
THe donation thing sounds good though. I'll look into that. I also have some riggings that I don't use much anymore so that may be a thought.

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
ok, I know hat it is. It's long, has those guide things that hold the line, and there is this reel thing that retrieves line, plus a handle.
How's that for a description!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Really it's mine, I'm sure as soon as you discribe it I'll know for sure. :grin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts