IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get rid of some old plastisol that scorches just about the time it reaches working temperature. So I'm casting it up in my biggest molds to get rid of it (not sure how to safely dispose of liquid plastisol). 6 and 9 inch twin tail grubs and 7 inch swimbaits. As you can see from the attached images, they are not pearl white (but they are supposed to be). If you have some big jigheads, they will certainly catch fish, so if anybody wants them and can pick them up in Corvallis, PM me and they're yours. .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd pay ya to ship them.
Don, I'd rather not go to the hassle of shipping them, and I'm not doing it for the money. That said, I've still got over a gallon of the stuff to process, if you or a friend happens to be passing through Corvallis, I'd be happy to make up another batch. I've also got 2 1/2 gallons of a different formulation from the same vendor (this is old stuff, and it may not be any better)

·
Premium Member
20,313 Posts
Don, I'd rather not go to the hassle of shipping them, and I'm not doing it for the money. That said, I've still got over a gallon of the stuff to process, if you or a friend happens to be passing through Corvallis, I'd be happy to make up another batch. I've also got 2 1/2 gallons of a different formulation from the same vendor (this is old stuff, and it may not be any better)
No problem, I figured someone closer would jump on your offer. I rarely get down that way but will keep you in mind. But, I'd expect a beer and some time to BS to make the trip worth it.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Pirk let me know the next time you have some to get rid of. I'm in Philomath ad can get over to your place. I'll get what you give and split them with Don. I'll just set up a meeting with Don in Newport.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pirk let me know the next time you have some to get rid of. I'm in Philomath ad can get over to your place. I'll get what you give and split them with Don. I'll just set up a meeting with Don in Newport.
Sounds like a plan. troyelmo picked up the first batch this morning, but i've still got a lot of the plastisol left and pouring them is a good rainy day project...I'll let you know.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wow those are nice looking!! what mold do you use?
The big swimbait is a 7" double rtv mold from Lurecraft (now Lurepartsonline). The double tail grubs are from molds I got from AnglersWorkshop up in Woodland WA. I have no idea who made them, they're made out of plastic and have to be sprayed with nonstick cooking spray to use. No idea why that outfit even had them, they kind of specialize in rod building supplies, and they were selling these molds off cheap (I bought 8 of them for not much money, maybe $5 each). They're open pour, but they work

1 - 16 of 16 Posts