IFish.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first sled tonight. She's perfect!

I want to give props to feltpennumbers. I bought his sled. I saw his post minutes after it went up and was the first person to see it that night. I talked him down a few hundred from already reasonable price and left a deposit to hold it for a week while I tried to secure financing. Over the weekend he was hammered with calls and was offered a substantial amount over his asking price more than once. I know that he didn't want to sell this boat as bad as I wanted to buy it, but was in need of cash. He could have easily told me to take a hike and gone for the top dollar......But, he is a man of his word and honored our agreement. I wish I could say that about other people I've had dealings with. Hat's off.

The sled is a '80 18' North River flat bottom with a '98 Merc 80 jet(115/80) tiller. I've been wanting this boat for almost 10 years ever since I went fishing in a sled with a guide shortly after I moved out here. I'm a bit intimidated by a pump, and I'm anxious to learn this boats potential. I'll soon be posting a load of rookie questions on fishing and maintaining a sled.

I would appreciate any tips on maintainence, handling, rookie stretches of rivers to learn on, and anyone willing to show me the ropes.

Thanks,
Freakwater

[ 10-28-2003, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: Freakwater ]

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Hey Freak!
\
I'm glad you found your match! I'm really happy for you
. Good luck moving your 40 horse.

CAPT KUJO

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey!

Props to Kujo too. I recently bought his 40 horse (which I now have to sell) for my other than dream boat. Pleasure doing business with you Capt. You're a stand up guy.

Freak

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Congradulations on your new ride Freakwater. I'm no pro but would be willing to go for a ride along and give pointers and help you learn something.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hey Freakwater,

I saw that posted here over in the sale items...let me tell you that will be the IDEAL sled for going to the Lewis May/June for the summer steelhead. Up to 4 months ago I had a 22' Flatbottom and can honestly say you will have awesome shallow water ability as well as free float to summer fish there without any worries. Just lean to feel the boat in the turns and how to control the throttle...the flats love to slide and you must know how to control that beast on plane. Afetr that, that style boat will work most every where else, but will be rough on the bigger CR type water.

Congrats.........

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
Not much happening in the Lewis in the summer. Recommend you stay away. :tongue:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Welcome to the North river family. I have an 18 foot flat bottom north river to with a 115 jet they are really nice boats.

[ 10-29-2003, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: Jetsledder ]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts