IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whoa GB got out on the wrong side of the bed??? :blush: :blush:

Never claimed I knew it all or was that good of a fisherman... for Pete's Sake I have only had my boat for a year... that's why I am asking questions

One thing I am good at is building an running a business... let me know if you need any help there :wink: :tongue: :grin:

[ 06-24-2003, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: 5-Cents ]

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Hey Shane, I have an STS issue where they had an article on Frasier river. Let me know if you would like to see it and i can fax it to you. Peace buddy.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool James can you fax it to my office 503.279.8939 make sure you throw a cover sheet on there to my attention!

Ramstrong... great looking forward to it!

:cheers:

·
Registered
128 Posts
This fishery is a ton of fun. Info on the way to do it can be found in the archives of www.piscatorialpursuits.com

The logistic issues that I can think of are:

1) Bring Birth Certificate to border.
2) Find directions to Fred's Tackle to get licenses
3) Find directions to Island 22 boat launch
4) The Canadian government micro-manages the heck out of this fishery. It can open instantly and then close a few days later. Then re-open. Then close. You have to learn how to access the wildlife web-site and read their fishery notices. You can start this effort at www.anglingbc.com

To perform 2) from the main highway take a right at the Chilliwack exit and head towards the Vedder River. Fred's is on the left 2-3 miles up.

To perform 3) from the main highway take a left (north) at the Chilliwack exit and head north through Chilliwack. Stay north all the way. A mile or two north of town there is a road to the left that heads to the boat launch. The launch itself is a sloped sand bar that leads down to the river. It is wide and smooth and 20 boats can launch at once. Really kind of cool. From that point on you motor up or down the river until you find a suitable sand bar to fish from. You will not be alone in this effort and all the other people will let you know where to go to get started. Stay away from the slack (ie, shallow) water. Stay in the current and then nose straight over to your selected sand-bar and figure out an approach. The water is very milky, so it is tough to see the bottom. A long depth probing stick might be handy. The water is also decently warm if you want to just jump in where it is reasonable to do so (ie, a bay or backwater 2-3 feet deep) Then you can lead your craft to shore the good old fashioned way!!

If you go up there you will see everything from jet-skis to pocket cruisers. The most typical craft is a 14 foot Lund with 30 horse motor. There is a stretch about 2 miles downstream where boats anchor and cast but mainly it is a sand-bar show.

Signed...Puget Sound Ifisher

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Freds Isn't open late. If you're arriving in the evening, I've always bought my license at the Wal Mart in Chilliwack. However, Freds Opens earlier than Wal mart.

·
Administrator
41,373 Posts
Originally posted by 5-Cents:
for Pete's Sake I have only had my boat for a year... that's why I am asking questions
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">:grin: :grin: :grin: ... or for Heaven's Sake, for that matter!

There's some good information on Don Larson's site. You can find it at Sturgeon, Salmon & Steelhead . Click on the "Sturgeon" link on the left banner, then scroll down to the article on the Fraser.

[ 06-24-2003, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: Pete ]

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
You could also click on the link on the front page of ifish for STS Guiding. I've fished with Vic a couple of times and I'm thinking of taking my 9 year old up for some pink fishing in September. 2 thumbs up from me. :bowdown:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Ok, here we go. Get Bent, you are right on track. I will say what I have to say, which may be edited, but here it goes. I am probably done with Ifish anyway.

Mr. 5-Cent: You have made some comments that deserve negative feedback. "Cry me a river and I can catch fish in it." This is what GB is talking about. If you can catch fish in any river, go do it!! Why do you feel you should ask us fellow fishermen? Have you given us specific fishing holes? No.....It is either "fish in 10 to 12 feet of water" or "The fish move around so much I can't give a specific spot" or "Somewhere on the Columbia" If you want specifics on the Fraser, here you go. Go up to the river and look for crowds of people. That is where the fish are. People follow fish. Go in August to September for Sockeye and July to August for Kings. If you want more information, it is a two way street.

I have to chime in on another subject as well. Please be more considerate of others when posting pictures and stories. Don't get me wrong, I like seeing pictures of fish, but it is easily over-done. I know you have done well for yourself and have the luxury of fishing during the week and owning nice equipment. I'm not saying you haven't earned it, as I don't know you, but some of are less fortunate. We have to work 60+ hours a week just to get by and wait all month for the day off to go fishing. We don't need to hear "Stayed at a motel" or "Ate biscuits and gravy here" or "Had to get up at 3:30 AM". You know, big deal. I get up around 4:00 AM every day just to go to work in the woods. Do I wish I was fishing? Yes. Is it considered jealousy towards you? Probably so. I'm just asking for a little more consideration to those who have less and don't need it rubbed in our faces of what you did EVERY time you go out. Have you ever asked an Ifisher other than the Carrot Crew to join you? I'm sure people would jump at the chance and would remember in the future. I'm sure ****** has had many offers from others to repay for the oversize trips.

As far as pictures, I have posted one of fish I have caught. Have I caught a lot? Yes. I just don't feel the need to boost my ego. I went down to your "sturgeon area" last weekend and nailed a 55 incher by myself. Pictures posted? No. Does anyone know? Yes, Mr. Carp as he wanted an update, but the Ifish board probably could care less. What do you want people to do? Reply with :bowdown:
:cheers: :bowdown:
:cheers: That's right, I'm the man!!

Well, enough said, as it will probably be edited and I will be banned from Ifish even though I have donated substantially and wished to NOT be publicly recognized as Jennie can verify.

Adios to All

Green Machine

·
Registered
993 Posts
wow i got nothin more :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

dont leave yet green machine i may need help on this board

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was kicking around the idea of fishing the Fraser River in BC in the next month or so and was looking for any info that you may have on the fishery. :bowdown:

Info on what areas of the river to fish, techniques, best times, guides, places to stay would all be helpful. :whazzup:

Would it be best to pull my sled up there to fish out of... that is my initial plan :shrug:

·
Registered
993 Posts
i thought you were a good fisherman by the way you bragg all the time heres your chance go up there and show how good you realy are and come back and let us know how you do

·
Registered
584 Posts
I just don't get it. What has 5-Cents done so wrong? Get Bent/Green Machine, lighten up, go fishing. I work my ass off too, hence the name, I bet most of us do... So some folks are a little more well-off/fortunate than others, big deal. Good luck to you all...

Quote: "It's just fishing."

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
You know, when I called Pete to ask what is going on on ifish, Pete read a few threads and letters that have come in.

I kind of giggled, and said to Pete, "Do you know how silly this sounds, after being out of the loop for a while?"

You guys, we are taking this MUCH too seriously. It's only fishing! Please realize that these people are people you have something in common with. We ALL love fishing! Life is too short to get worried about these little things.

We NEED each other to promote fishing, to show up at meetings, to change laws that will affect our time on the water, and the fish that we can fish for. Ifish is about sharing, about enjoying, about teaching, and learning, and caring about each other's safety.

At least, that is my dream. I appreciate each and every one of your posts, and I care about each and every one of your disappointments.
I share your feelings when you are upset with someone, and I try to help it get resolved. Heck, I know how it is. I have had enemies on the board, too, and it does bother me. It doesn't have to be this way!

If you met with the people that harass you, in person, I bet you'd feel differently. Things written on line tend to come off differently than in person.

I have a challenge for you that is bigger than catching the most, the biggest, or the longest fish. Mend a broken relationship.

Make an appointment to show up at ifishstock and let's resolve some differences... Put down your keyboard, and pick up a plate filled with the fish that we love to catch. Meet each other, realize that we are all in this together. August 9th, be there, and share some smiles. Please?

Quit fighting on ifish. I don't like it.. and frankly, I bet you don't either. There are thousands of people here on ifish, and there are bound to be disagreements. If you do one thing today, please try to settle a difference between someone you are having a problem with. That will probably do more for your day than just about anything... except fishing, maybe! :smile:

Jen

[ 06-25-2003, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For those of you that stayed on topic, thanks for the input and emails... it will help a lot :grin:

Green Machine,

I have had a lot, I am guessing here, but close to and maybe over a couple 100 people, come up to me out of the blue in the store, the ramp, while fishing or email me saying thanks for the posts and keep them up. I try to create a post that tells a story and has lots of pictures because that is what I like to see. If you dont like it dont read them.

As far as the Ifish people on my boat I have invited at least 15 Ifishers I can think of off the top of my head to fish with me and most have worked out into great trips. I helped 3 Ifishers land their first spring salmon ever. 4 of the Ifishers I invited have turned into long lasting friendships and I fish with them all the time Big N Bright (Bobby), XTC (Chris) and ZaQ. In fact I just had a first time Ifisher on my boat today, Bodey and he is welcome on my boat any time. Thing is I dont have open seats that often so I dont post for them much.

As far as specific spots go I have never posted "exactly" where I was but gave a good general location. I work hard finding my spots and I dont want to post them on the Internet. That being said if you email me I am more than willing to give up some more detailed information as I am sure many Ifishers can attest to. That being said I dont have more than a handful of "honey holes" as I like to try out new water a lot.

As far as my job goes I worked my hind end off for quite a few years and invested my money, blood, sweat and tears into building a successful business that can pretty much run itself if I am not around a couple days a week. I did it on my own, no one helped me, I took all the risk and now I am enjoying it. I will never, ever appoligize for that! :cool:

Get Bent,

You were right summer salmon fishing is easy we had 5 today before noon... I will make a report later. :grin: :grin:

Jen,

I could not agree more with you. I dont want to worry about posting a report with pictures and making new friends thats why I sent that message. I agree that if we all went fishing together we would all find we are not that different from each other. Everyone needs to calm down, stop the personal attacks and if you dont want to read my reports dont, if you do thats great!

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
GREEN MACHINE !

What's the deal?.........If we want to post some pics and share a little information with all are friends here on Ifish then that's what were going to do...why talk smack?
It's starting to get really old (don't click) :hoboy:

I'm sure I'm not alone here but I love reading other peoples post and looking at all their Pictures of fish.....Crap that's what we love to do when we're not working (and we do work) so I can appreciate their efforts and give them props. So next time you want to tear someone down start with your boss cause I think he's keeping you in the woods too much, maybe you wont "Get Bent" out shape so much. :shocked:

As for the inquiry for information.....it's called research and to catch fish consistently you must do it, at least smart fishermen do
...Yell it's the whole basis behind Ifish, sometimes we don't post exactly where the fish were caught but at the same time you don't know how much information we share thru e-mail.

My 4 & 5 year old did less crying all year long than you did in that 1 post above.....Geeez! :mad:

Hey Mr. Get Bent "out of shape"

That was a pretty lame remark as well........I would go into detail with you but I'm sure you can figure it out from what's above.

Fellow Ifisher's: Don't let these Haters stop you from posting your good times and if you don't feel like reveling your spots or techniques...don't worry there's a lot of us who just enjoy looking at smiling faces with nice fish. :smile:

Bobby

[ 06-25-2003, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: big n bright ]

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Jen,

There are many definitions of Haters, in my case..I simply don't like posts intended to tear someone down, if someone tried to tear you down I would have your back also.

Peace
Bobby

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
Sorry that I pulled a post before you had time to respond.
I just didn't want to go there. I typed, and then immediately got that "reply regret" feeling. :smile:
I'm making an exerted effort to avoid negatives in my life, including any negative comments on the board.
I just don't need it, and I don't think many people actually do. :smile:

Jen

[ 06-25-2003, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Well by most of the post we all can figure out where they are coming from, “The Junior High Girls Locker room”. It would be nice if people had opinions for themselves with proof to back it. Mr. 5 cents thinks he is the greatest? That is furthest thing from the truth, I have not once seen a post that said look at me I’m the worlds best, greatest, most knowledgeable, Dominators of the fish world. “Cry me a river” and I guarantee nobody could fish in it there would be to much WINE.

Stories and sharing our fun day on the river is the whole reason we post our pics. There is always a story behind the pics, they are not look we caught fish today post. Never once has Team Carrot Milk had a bad day fishing and trust me there are the many days we never catch anything. But this is a fishing website that is why we post when there are fishing stories to be told. If you would like we could post every time we go fishing just to have our mugs posted on this board. I think our attitude lets just have fun allows us to catch more fish because we are not overly concerned with actually catching fish.

As far as fishing all the time the opportunities are out there you just have to see the trees through the forest. When I first meet Mr. 5 Cents(through an open seat offer from him) I was one of the lucky ones unemployed, guess what through his generosity I am now gainfully employed. Before you jump to conclusions I actual do have to work. I am in the field 3 or 4 days a week making a nice living for myself thanks to Mr. 5 Cents. That is more than anybody can ask for on this board. Open seat offers are nothing compared to have an opportunity to make 6 figures in an economy like ours. So when you see me in a year or so in my new 24 sled that says Affordable Health Insurance on the side of it you can think back and say I knew that guy when he was an unemployed semiconductor worker with a crappy 18ft Alumaweld Intruder. Enough say GO FISH.....Chris

PS Mr 5 cents does have an unusally large Gord......

[ 06-25-2003, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: fishnxtc ]

1 - 20 of 43 Posts