IFish.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is your guys take on this piece of equipment iam thinking about buying one and i thought i better get some reviews from people who have hunted over them

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well thanx all i just went ahead and bought one so i will soon find out :cheers::cheers::passout:the wife freaked out but whats new

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I have the FX3 and love it, but it gets little to no use till winter months. I just didnt see where the FX5 was worth the extra $$, as far as I know the only difference is the amount of sounds it will hold isnt it? I think 32 is more then I will need on any outing and if not you can always bring the laptop and add others later

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
The FX5 has a pretty cool remote that does a lot more than the remote for the FX3. I'd like to upgrade my FX3, but I haven't been able to justify the extra $$$ yet. Let us know how you like yours. My FX3 is just about perfect for what it's meant to do.

One thing I'll say about FoxPro is they listen to their customers and incorporate the feedback they get into the new models very well. Their early models were pretty lame, in my opinion, but they survived on customer service. Their latest models are great, and they've still got the customer service.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
FX5 has a way better remote I've got about 90+ sounds on file.
will be Using it to try and call in a bear as soon as archery season is over.

Twodogs

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
About everything has been said about the FoxPro that needs to be shared. GREAT COMPANY and SUPER SERVICE.

As for the FP 5 vs the FP 3, I have a comment on the FP 5 remote. While the features available on the 5 are great, the problem I found was with the scrolling screen that lists the sounds. The background is light blue and the text is in a light gray. VERY difficult to see even with the back light. In addition, for us older hunters, the text is very small making it hard to read. Also, the sounds scroll in a very "funny" way. Hard to describe, but #1-5 shows up but when you scroll down it does not go to 6-10, rather to the end of the sounds. Confusing, at least to me.

The FP 3 allows 32 programmable sounds, has plenty of room to glue on a list of which sound is on which number, but otherwise is identical to the FP 5 (No one needs 200 sounds-IMHO!). (In all fairness, I have spoken to Mike Dillon at FP and he agrees that the blue background and light gray text was a mistake. I know that will change in the next revision.) For me, the extra $200.00 isn't worth it.

My $.02!

Rusty

1 - 11 of 11 Posts