IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having kind of a bad day. A fuel attendant put gas in my diesel. Sitting at Crater Lake Ford in Medford waiting for a ride.

Saw this vending machine. The name and the stock don't match up.

Gotta find humor where you can when you're having a bad day.

Attachments

·
Registered
16,765 Posts
What do you mean.....there's a Nature Valley granola bar and some almonds in there....lol.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry about your truck, hope the gas station is paying the bill on that one.
I will wait to answer that when all said and done. To this point the station, their management, and even their owners have been less than professional. I guess this why I have good insurance and a mean attorney.

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Seen the fuel thing a couple times, get out and fill my own diesel normally or watch them closely. Stopped some attendants a couple of times when they grab the wrong one. Saw a poor guy in Seneca years ago getting gas pumped into his diesel rig. Pointed it out to the gal and made sure to tell the guy not to start his rig. Long way from most places to get his tank drained and flushed.

Definitely not healthy, no bacon in that vending machine.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Healthy, by American standards.

I bet the person who made that gas blunder is now looking for employment elsewhere. That's an expensive OOPS! Sorry for your luck, Wildwood.

·
Registered
216 Posts
A Fred Meyer fuel station put 12 gallons of gas in my Dodge Cummins. I smelled gas and cut off the pump. They could not have been better about it. Didn't start the truck. They got a flat bed and we went to a local shop which immediately got to work on it. Since I have a Fass fuel pump it was relatively easy to pump the tank. Got all new filters, a free tank of fuel (55 gallons) and a $25 gift card. It was an inconvenience, but their approach made it much better. Mistakes happen, it is how a company responds that makes a big difference.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Tow van was a diesel and got filled by attendants twice with gasoline; we did learn there is a mobile service to come and pumps the tanks as long as it was not started.
Not sure how to get in touch with the service but they exist as an option in case a tow is not possible. Diesel engines can apparently handle a small amount of gas mixed in with a full tank of diesel without detrimental effect so even if a bit is left in the tank it gets diluted.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Self serve almost passed in this year's short legislative session. I expect it to be reintroduced in the next full session and pass. Arguments against it are just plain silly.
I was told today by my adjuster that in Oregon alone (his area) for my insurance company only these type of claim are over 2,000,000 per year. I was shocked!!!!

My claim is approved at this point for up to $30,000.

Includes:

Dropping of the tank
Cleaning tank
New fuel pump
New fuel filters
Clean fuel system
Clean and inspect injectors
Inspect for other damages

Also included will be loss of use and diminished value.

Edit ... also the station owner is on the hook for any damage to vehicle related to this incident for the entire time I own the vehicle. Fuel system, engine, etc.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts