IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many attempts of using different floats with nothing that I was able to work with. Some to big, some to small and the whole rig would sink, both sliding and fixed. I saw a pack of West Coast Floats when I stopped for a cup of coffee on the way out last Sunday. WOW these things worked great. What I really liked was that the size of jig that should be used if printed in the package. It took the guess work out of what to used if you are still trying to learn the ropes. Now if I only could get a bobber down.

notaclue

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
Yep, West Coast floats are the cat's meow. They cast like a bullet, retreive with little resistance, and are easy to "read" in the water. The ease of retreiving is important to me as I use a 6.3:1 reel and minimum resistance is critical. Just use a size that barely floats your rig. And make sure that you tie a bobber stop knot below the bobber too. Keeps it from floating off down the crick when you break off below it.

[ 11-04-2003, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: Thumper ]

·
Registered
228 Posts
Thumper,
I like that bobber stop idea under the bobber as well. See you learn something every day. I personsaly have used almost all the bobbers out there. They key for me is figuring out the weight for each bobber so it is balanced low in the water. Reading it is also key, but after several years and learning by mistakes I have the nack. I will say that cork bobbers are key for low water on steelhead. I also blacken in the bottom half of my bobbers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts