IFish.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm in my second year of steelhead fishing with gear! However, I've recently got into fly fishing and why not the Deschutes River this weekend 08/25 - 08/26.....I've been practicing my flying skills, so I'm ready!

I saw a lot of chrome at the fish laters this past weekend and I know most of these fish are heading to the "D', but I've never fished it!

Any recommondations for good water and place to camp around the Maupin area? I have an Oregon fishing map book, so any names you throw at me I can look up!

Many Thanks!

Steeleman

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just head down river from Maupin I think there are 3 campgrounds down there Mack's, Beavertail and Pine tree. Been awhile since I have been there but there are some good pull outs all along the road to fish. Just keep the line in the water and be there early and late.

JJ

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you're set o going to Maupin area, I'd go to Mack's canyon (as close to the mouth as you can get from there), otherwise , I'd stay at the CG at the mouth and walk up..Some beautiful water in those first few miles, and lots of fresh fish. Good luck Mike

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Mack's Canyon is quite a ways north of Maupin. There are lot's of campsites on the way to Mack's. Beavertail is probably the most popular site. God luck and have fun.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the information! We're going to try and hit a few of the above recommonded sites all this weekend.

Hope to see some of you out on the river! Next week I'll put up pics from our trip! :cheers:

Steeleman Out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts