IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
119,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it would be nice real close to the bar... Perhaps on the bar? It's always smooth out there, isn't it?

:wink:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
No, No, say it aint so! The only way I would go for that is if it were my houseboat. Just drop the pots over the side while I chop up some fresh greens, get the water boiling, pull the pots and shazam crab salad for dinner.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I heard a short news story about a plan to develop approximately 100 floating homes on Tillamook Bay. Anybody else know about this?

I can't imagine it would do anything but ruin the character of the bay.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I think there was just a fleeting reference to somebody's plans in a Jonathon Nicholas fluff column in the Oregonian a day or two ago. I wondered if he had any idea how controversial such a proposal would be when he wrote his article. I doubt it. Maybe Bill Monroe can ask Nicholas for more details. I have a hard time imagining that anyone could create a large new houseboat moorage nowadays. I assume Tillamook Bay is public ownership, maybe with some oyster farm rights on part of it.

TC

·
Registered
873 Posts
I just can't immagine that. Better check with the County comissioners office to see if a permit has been applied for. Even if it has, could not immagine it beeing approved.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Oh, by the way. Their isn't enough water to float a houseboat. For Salmon stalker's salad, one could grow his own greens then crab on a high flood.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
I think it would be kind of cool, crab off your dock, get up get in the boat and go fishing. I wonder how long they would hold up in the salt water compaired ot the ones here in PDX.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
fishon

I wonder how long they would hold up in the salt water compaired ot the ones here in PDX.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">They'd work well using the concrete "float" similar to those in Sausalito, CA. They sit on the mud at low tide in Sausalito, so the depth issue at Tillamook could be dealt with.

I would certainly hope they couldn't get a permit to take out 200,000 to 500,000 square feet of bay and wetlands.

Brion

1 - 8 of 8 Posts