IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to pick up my boat today at the place I store it. I hooked it up and pulled it out of the space. As I was glancing back in my side mirror I noticed one of the tires (double axel) was totally flat :shocked: :mad:

There is a gas station about a half a mile away and I needed fuel anyway so I drove real slow to fill up and put some air in it. As I put the air in I could hear it leaking right back out :mad: Great I have to go home and spend who knows how much time changing a tire. I have a spare on the trailer but what a pain in the rear. As I was pulling out of the gas station I glanced to my right and saw that big yellow Les Schwab sign :grin:

I pull in and Joe the helpful service tech comes runin up and asks me what the problem is. I tell him one of my trailer tires is flat. "No problem Sir (am I that old)" :shrug:

He jacks the trailer and boat up and in about 15.3 seconds he has the tire off. Had a hole in it from a nail. He patches it and puts it back on all in about 10 minutes! I ask how much and he says nothing! Now I know why I ALWAYS buy tires from those guys. I felt I should pay something since the trailer tires did not come from LS so I asked him if he liked salmon. Joe said he did. I asked him if he was married or anything and he said he said he still lives with his parents (I guess I am that old)

I go home, grab a half a springer from the freezer, jump in the wifes ride and go right back to that yellow sign. Who do you think comes runnin out to help a new customer, thats right Joe. I hand him the half a salmon and say thanks. That kids eyes lit right up! He totally deserved it for a job well done.

Now thats customer service and how you make customers for life no matter what your prices are :grin:

Thanks Joe and Les Schwab :cheers:

[ 04-15-2003, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: 5-Cents ]

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
5-cents

I thought under the new policy that if you make comments regarding a business or service provided there of you must use your real name?… :grin:

Just kidding… Great story, that is why I have “wild country” L.S. tires on my truck
Great service…
:cheers:

·
Registered
13,978 Posts
I had the same thing happen Sunday. Except we needed a new trailer tire. Those folks actually RUN to the pickup! One used tire and minimal money later and I am off to the races.

C.S. built L.S. Good for them. They earned it.

Mark and the patched dog.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
5-Cents,

Les Schwab is awesome.

I took my North River trailer in for locking lug nuts, the guy notices that the hydraulic brake lines are rubbing on sharp aluminum where they go through a hole in the frame.

Probably saved me from a nasty accident down the road.

Brion

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
5-cents:

If half of a springer is payment for changing a flat tire, next time give me a call and I will take of that for you. :grin:

If I change your oil do I get a whole springer? Come on, what's a springer to you!!!!! :wink:

Green Machine

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
They are the best, bar none!

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
I hope it doesn't go flat again for Saturday. There are alot of people that would be suspect of some underminded plot against team Carrots. :wink:

[ 04-16-2003, 05:47 AM: Message edited by: ZaQ ]

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
There are a lot of businesses that could learn a few things from the Les Schwab business model. Very impressive. :cheers:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Ever watch those guys at LS run all the time?

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

We are that old!! :depressed:

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
I blew a tire (shredded it) on my boat trailer one night about 6:00 in Warm Springs. No spare.
Yanked the rim off and hightailed it into Madras, leaving my boat behind, pulling in to Lester Schwab's about 1/2 hour after they closed. There was still one guy there locking up and obviously seconds away from going home. We knocked on the glass and held up the remains of the tire so he could see what we wanted. He let us in, mounted a new tire, didn't charge me for anything but the tire itself and refused a $10 tip I tried to give him for bailing us out of an ugly situation.
Sometimes I make fun of the "Hitler Youth" (Les Schwab guys) but there's a reason they sell more tires than anyone else around these parts. And it's not their theme song. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Now you know why I run nothing but Les Schwab tires on all of my vehicles. Great service!! :cheers:

·
Registered
709 Posts
Similar stories from me, if you want to know "where's the beef?" it's at Les Schwab!
:grin: RIPPLE :grin:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I also get my lead tire weights from them. I take up some smoke fish now and then and there is a five gallong bucket full of lead there for me. :dance: :bowdown:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
OK 5Cents, as an L.S. employee in Prineville, the home of Mr. Schwab himself (yes, he is a real person) :smile: You can feel free to take me out and show me that MOJO youve been having this year!! Im glad to hear the positive comments from everyone without any negatiive ones, well except the one about the theme song, and i totally agree! :rolleyes: Glad most of you are happy with our services and product!!!

·
Premium Member
14,486 Posts
ya gotta love great service like that. too bad it's more the exception than the norm these days.

ps: i'm still young enough that i can run to my car, but any further than that and i start blacking out.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Coming from a place where we didn't have a Schwabs, I was amazed at the service. They are definately the place to buy tires. And if you don't use the chains you get from them, you can trade them back. Thats nice if you change cars mid season...

·
Premium Member
30,286 Posts
Gee, I'm sure glad to see these reports. Lately, I was beginning to wonder if Les Schwab stores were changing that great service. I've recently had experiences/service at the Aloha (Shaw St) and Hillsboro (Imbrie Dr) stores that were, shall we say, less than usual. I've been a 100% loyal Les Schwab customer for some 13 years. Based on your reports and enthusiasm, I'll give 'em another chance! Thanks! Don

1 - 20 of 47 Posts