IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So My brother is about to pull the trigger on a 18ft Fishrite performer. Was curious if anyone out there has had any experience with theses boats. My expertise is pretty limited on fishrite. I do think they are middle of the pack to low compared to like alumuweld, willie, or northriver. Any help greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yea thanks!

·
Registered
151 Posts
My 20-footer fishes well. Cuts right through chop/wake. Only issue is it’s getting a little small for the growing family. ✌🏻

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My 20-footer fishes well. Cuts right through chop/wake. Only issue is it’s getting a little small for the growing family. ✌🏻
Thanks! That would be my worry with an 18 footer!

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
So My brother is about to pull the trigger on a 18ft Fishrite performer. Was curious if anyone out there has had any experience with theses boats. My expertise is pretty limited on fishrite. I do think they are middle of the pack to low compared to like alumuweld, willie, or northriver. Any help greatly appreciated!
Lower mid-tier is where I'd put them. Buddy just bought a Fish Rite, seems decent for his needs. Better than any riveted boat.

FWIW, I wouldn't want an 18 foot windshield boat (especially with a splashwell). He's going to have like 3 feet of room in the back for fishing. I would rather have an 18ft sled.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Mike the older original Fish Rites where built pretty good from what I heard. Someone else owns them now and the newer ones seem to look on the lighter side of what they used to be

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, yeah I did notice the splash on the back, I had that on my Hews craft. You do lose a lot of room. And it was open.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mike the older original Fish Rites where built pretty good from what I heard. Someone else owns them now and the newer ones seem to look on the lighter side of what they used to be
Mine is an ‘03 and seems as solid as a rock. Other opinions may vary but is put this up against similar vintage Alumaweld or otherwise any day of the week.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine is an ‘03 and seems as solid as a rock. Other opinions may vary but is put this up against similar vintage Alumaweld or otherwise any day of the week.
Good to know he just bought it! 35k

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
It used to be a father/son that ran it in the early 2000s. They were nice boats, literally right next door to willie on boat alley down there. I owned one of their drift boats, - 93’ 16x54, backtrolled way better than a willie:)

·
Registered
757 Posts
I had one built in 2010 as a tiller model..heavy & solid...turns on a dime... cuts thru heavy waves..heading back to Celico launch 4 expensive boats were tailing me..once about 100 yds a couple pulled around me to get to the ramp & dock (thank you very much)..bummer..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts