IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We treated ourselves to a half day on the river with Joe Salvey (aka TALON) – our first trip with him. (Background: last springer season after several days where we went fishless while watching Joe with many single hookups, and several doubles, then a TRIPLE – I decided, we’re getting in that boat!)

This trip Joe quickly proved again that he’s one of the very best when it comes to fishing Multnomah Channel springers.

Along with us was our neighbor who’s seen eighty-some springer seasons come and go from her vantage on the bank of the big river and still gets springer fever!

Here’s neighbor Z. with her first of two.

A while later, our neighbor scores again and shows off her – “that’s my limit!” smile.

Luck Larry scores too. Back at the dock, for the group picture, Please excuse the blood and Say “Springer!” – not bad for a mornings effort. Not shown are a few misses, which if the breaks had gone our way, would have doubled our catch. Thanks Joe!

Later, before it all wears off, we take some of Joe’s springer mojo and jump in our boat. The residual effect was strong enough to get us three more:

Mrs.Garyk with her best big-springer-smile

Sometimes even I get lucky!

Gotta love this time of year!

[ 05-17-2003, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Nice job GaryK and Mrs. Gary K

Ya gotta feel like :dance: tonight after filleting all those beauties :cheers:

·
Registered
13,985 Posts
Way to go! That is quality fishing no matter what you say.

With any luck, I will get out there soon.

Mark and the solenoid is done dog.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
GaryK, great to see that we Ifishers help our guides out along the way. They are great and are willing to make our day a good one.

Very good photos and I am envious. I am told there are more to come. I now have a day with Joe next week..... Cannot wait..... :grin:

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Good job Gary and Sharon. I am glad to see that the herring technique must of worked with you. I am so happy that Zelpha caught some fish. I cherish the chance that I can get my elders into fish, the smile that you gain from that is unforgetable. That is what drives me to do what I do. The power of a smile will drive all the cold rainy days to sunshine and good times.

I am very supprised that you are holding back on some very interesting pictures. I guess that will surface later. Talk to you soon.

See you on the water.
Joe

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Nice fish!

I just love fishing the channel, no matter how much press it gets, it doesn't get any more crowded? It must have to do with it's stretches of less than pretty scenery?

Oh well I'll keep fishing it!

PS..Thank you Talons for all of your reports, It's so nice when guides share info, THANKS!

[ 05-16-2003, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: ANDYCOHO ]

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Nice fish!! But that hat with orange O on it has to go. :grin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts