IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing

Myself and fellow ifisher Islander finally decided to go on a guided trip just to see if all of the storys we have heard were true. We met our guide for the day Ian Premo at lorens drift on the trask at o-dark thirty and proceeded to head down the river before daylight. The first thought that came to mind was---
I hope this guy knows this river, well it turns out he knows it better than most people know the back of thier hand. Not only did he know the river he also knew exactly where the fish would be. On the first hole we took a beautiful 20# cromer on a kwik fish (sardine wrapped of coarse). We had a few takedowns on diver and bait and finally my pole did the dance and the fight was on! Another cromer about 30#. Now when i say cromer i mean you had to wear sunglasses to look at these fish :cool: :cool: :cool:
Then Ian decided bobber fishing wasa in order so he quickly had us at another hole and rigged for bobber fishing.
We ended up with a double, 2 more nice shiny cromers in the box :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:
By the way, Ian didn't spare any bait or energy on his part, in fact he was changing bait way before i would have. At one point he had to reprimand one of the guys because he thought his bait looked OK. Wrong answer was Ian's reply!!
Ian is a professional all of the way and I will be booking a winter steelhead trip with him.
Thans again for the trip Ian, I'm looking forward to our next trip.
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
If i can figure out how to get pics on here I will post some, but beware, sunglasses will be needed!!

INTRUDER

· Registered
1,803 Posts
intruder

Your pics might already be in my gallery take a look and see if its here. I have uploaded some pics from Ian there. Glad you had a good time he is a great guy, we are lucky to have him as part of the Amerman team.

Scott Amerman

· Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Scott,
You have an ace in the hole with Ian, excellent choice on your part. I tried to book with you but your wife said you were booked for a long time and assured me that Ian was an excellent guide so we went with him and didn't regret it. I would still like to fish with you sometime.

Allen

· Registered
891 Posts
Thanks for the great words! I'm glad you guys had a good time and learned a few things about bobber fishing.
I'm looking forward to the upcoming winter steelhead season.

Here is your pic from your trip.

Ian

· Registered
1,803 Posts
He doesn't have to. But I think after fishing around and riding in Grant's and my's Northrivers he's thinking :pray: about upgrading a to a new Northriver. But who could blame him, They are second to none :bowdown:. He did seem to put the :smash: :smash: on a few fish in his boat though so when he sells it he need to add a little $$ for the karma factor :grin:.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.