IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone watched the video called Steelheaderz Backroadz made by captain Mondo. I was wondering if it was worth buying Any reviews out there on this video or videos, I believe there are two in the series.

--Thanks

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
In my not so humble opinion
My general impression of that video is that it amounts to little more than self promotion of the producer. I generally have that impression of all of his writings as well. They seem to provide a little information and a great deal of "don't I use great equipment?" and "aren't I a great fisherman?"
On the positive side he gives some local information about N. California and the Olympic peninsula. He strongly promotes C&R which I applaud him for. He gives some good tips for fishing light equipment for smaller presentations in clear water.
But overall it seemed like a huge ego trip on video tape. If you are looking for some nice footage of Armando catching some big steelhead in beautiful locations then go for it. If you are looking for a great deal of useful information then I would look for a different tape.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information, what you said is whta kind of overheard someone saying something about it earlier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts