IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of the hidden forest?? I read a post a while back about a hidden forest and now....without a depth/fish finder...I'm hoping someone could point me in the opposite direction of that underwater forest. Sure....with the float tube...I won't mid hovering over it...fliping a fly out...but trolling with the boat...I don't wish to get hung up on those hidden trees...anybody?? One more thing...If you have fished there lately....how was it?? My wife's friend is bringing her new boy toy and he wants to fish with me...I don't want to be the jack arse who doesn't know about the hidden problems...any and all help is appreciated...

Jeff...Oh, and HAPPY 4th of July...Independence day!!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I was there last weekend and the fishing was terrible. Normally it is clear and if the the fish are not taking off the surface you can always catch em trolling flies. The water was a kinda milky aqua color I presume from snow melt. The only place we could get any was up were the creek comes in the North end. Trolling little rooster tails was about all that worked.

[ 07-04-2003, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: chromebright ]

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fished for 2 days and only caught 2 fish! Both within 10 minutes of each other. 12 and 17 inch Rainbows...in the float tube..with a blue corkie and a worm. I spoke with several people in the campground who didn't catch anything all week. The water color is still very different. I've never seen water that color..blue,green, tealish. Most people were trolling and weren't having any luck at all. I've heard that there are a bunch of Kokenee in there and didn't get any of those...?? Wonder what's wrong with the water and if that has anything to do with the lack of fish caught?? So there's my report...fishing was way slow...and I'm gratefull to have been able to have those two rainbows to eat on Saturday night. I hope everyone had a great weekend. The sun was out and it was nice and warm during the day up there...got down to 46 at night...and that's damn cold in a tent!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Timothy is one of my favorite lakes to troll for trout in the early spring, but:

I have given up fishing Timothy after the water turns cloudy. I thought it was an algae bloom- don't really know. This year it happened really early- first week of June I think. Fishing was awesome in May and then fishing instantly sucks. I have heard that in the fall it picks up again but haven't made it up there at that time to try it. I don't know if the water is clear again at that time or not. If someone goes in September- let us know?!
Hidden forest? Area with lots of stumps near Meditation Point! I've trolled all over that lake numerous times and know of nothing I would call a hidden forest.

Lake trolls, cow bells, fenders, and other car parts NOT ALLOWED in my boat!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts