IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It will be my first time to the Mouth of the Lewis. Can somebody give me the scoop on what the scene is like up there. Do people troll or anchor in the columbia or actually in the Lewis? Also is a washington license required.

Thanks and happy fishing

·
Registered
672 Posts
If you are fishing in the Lewis you are in Washington and you need a Washington fishing license.

Many anchor in the mouth of the Lewis. Others troll off the shelf. There are Plunkers off the Bank.

Good Luck

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
To clarify, the "Lewis" (or any other river mouth feeding the CR)and the need to have a WA license is a straight line across the CR beaches at the mouth. If you stay outside that you are in the CR and do not need a WA license, inside that you do.

·
Registered
223 Posts
What where you using when you caught your two fish by the Lewis River?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I fished there yesterday, so here's the scoop as I saw it: On the incoming tide, most anglers were trolling in the main stem Columbia from just above the mouth to about 1/4 mile downstream. After the tide change, hog lines formed mainly from the mouth up to the green channel marker, but some also below the mouth. I was upstream of the mouth in 45' and boated two Chinook. The majority of the fish I saw caught were at 50' and deeper. I didn't notice anybody actually in the Lewis itself.

·
Registered
119 Posts
They both were caught on Alvins, one chrome with a blue/green blend on the tip, the other chrome with brass tip. 5' leader, 5' dropper. No scent. I couldn't see what the other fish in the area were caught on.

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
Ahem ..... Permission granted. But don't anchor out in the trolling area (the green line) or permission will be rescinded forthwith. Or something like that ...... :tongue:

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
Oregon side --- probably St. Helens
Washington side --- Beebe's in Woodland (ask if you need directions), Ridgefield moorage, and several others.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Be careful when crossing between Sand Island & Sauvies Island. There was at least two new deadheads that looked to be at least 6-8 inches anchored on the bottom. One had a milk jug on it, but a log raft took that off. They are moving between both rivers and have been in the main channel of BOTH rivers. I don't know what the impact on them from a gillnet would be.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I,ve been watching the people in the mouth of the Lewis for the last couple of weeks, they dont seem to troll they just hover, they do catch fish but its a mess. Fin it was nice fishing by you the other day was sorry you had to leave was it the wind? :depressed: I havent been able to make contact with to many ifishers out on the water.

If its not a good bite dont set the hook.- Words to live by when your from Washougal. :cool:

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
Don't you have to get permission from Thumper before you can fish there? :wink:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Mic4fish...

We would have liked to stay later, but had to get to grandson's game. Nice to see you spank a couple brites while we sat around contemplating our navels. Good fishin'!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Fin

Thats a cool thing you going to your grandsons game, :cool: my dad never comes to my kids games so keep up the good work. :wink:
Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts