IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two friends of mine and I are thinking about heading to the coast (from Portland) next Friday for an evening of fishing and saturday morning of fishing as well. The question I need answered is where to go for the best action? I was thinking of the Alsea for Chinook or the Miami and Kilches for Chum? Please excuse my ignorance but am new to the Pacific NW and the coastal rivers. again, We will be on the bank or wading of course. Thanks for any replies or PM's. ERIK

· Registered
959 Posts
Both the Wilson and Trask have decent bank access. If you stop at Maries bait shop she should be able to point you in the right direction. If you give her a call friday morning she should be able to tell you if the river is fishable.

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to djb and to djchaser. I am an optomist so i may just take my chances. as far as maries bait shop... where is that located? what town in particular? Thanks for your help. ERIK

· Registered
1,815 Posts
Thanks to djb and to djchaser. I am an optomist so i may just take my chances. as far as maries bait shop... where is that located? what town in particular? Thanks for your help. ERIK
Bait shop is on the Wilson river loop road. Go about a mile past the guide shop and hang a right. When you get to the river turn left. It's down about another mile and a half I think. Kind of easy to miss it the first time.

· Registered
549 Posts
Lots of pullouts on the Wilson. That's how I learned that river. If you see a car pulled over along the road, chances are that's a good fishing spot so walk down and check the river out. Same goes for any river. Have fun exploring.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.