IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been clean and sober one day at a time for almost 7 years now and would love to integrate my two loves... being sober and fishing...
Looking for a sober fishing partner ? (I have a terrific boat) or if the booze has stopped working for you and you want to talk... get in touch.

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
I think this should be on the regular fishing board. If you'd like, I'll move it. Just notify me, and it's done!
Jen

·
Registered
167 Posts
Fishfreak,
Sober by the grace of God 14+years now. If you don't mind having a newbie tagging along, I'd love to go learn the ropes about these fish I never catch!
Steve (503)693-1590

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
I'll bite!

I have been (completely) sober a meager 4 months. I thought to ask the board about a "sober floatilla" for both those who choose to live without alcohol, and those who would like to. Although I have not been a much of a drinker for a couple of years, taking the final step and completely eliminating it has been a very gratifying accomplishment and every day that goes by just keeps getting better and better.

Fishfreak...though I may not make an adequate fishing partner for a while, (very busy lately) add me to your list of standbys!

·
Registered
320 Posts
sober since sept28 1987 ... that's 16 years i guess. can't really remember enjoying fishing like i do now. can't imagine being out in the big water without a clear head.

3,877 Posts
FishFreak,

I have been alcohol free since May 14th 1989. I am 41 years old and I enjoy each sober day 1 day at a time.

Everyone who knows me respects my choice of no drinking. Although I hang around with some who choose to enjoy a barley pop from time to time, I respect all of those who respect me regardless if they choose to drink.

As long as the decisions that are made are good ones, I have no problems with it.

I respect your choice Fishfreak because I for one understand the value that it brings in my life.

·
Registered
122 Posts
fish freak
Good for you, it just gets better all the time.
7-1988 for me,I no longer miss it at all.I just spend my beer money on fishing gear and boat stuff. Keep the good thoughts

fox

·
Registered
588 Posts
Good job all you guys...My mom was an alcholic for years...wish she had been able to beat the disease.

FF...I noticed on your profile that you have five kayaks? cool...I love paddling, but have yet to catch a salmon or steelhead from a kayak.

M

·
Registered
461 Posts
My "birthday" is December 10, 1989. It is funny where you find people of your own ilk...even on fishing boards.

By the grace of God, I still have the same wonderful wife of 31 years and 3 kids who respect their Dad for making a difficult and sometimes unpopular decision.

It is gratifying to see such long-standing sobriety. For those of you on the outside of this looking in...wondering if you can ever stop the madness in your life...any of us in this thread would be a good place to start.

Enough pontificating for me...I don't preach...I fish...sober.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Way to go everyone. My sobriety birthday is 9/5/82 - when I was 41..wished I'd got honest sooner than that. But it's been great for 21 years now. I'd definitely support a sober fishing trip for salmon or steelhead with you guys sometime - if my wife would let me out more often!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I know Bill W. I have been in the mix a long time. I am in the same boat. Recovery and Fishing.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Fish Freak (and anyone else)!

Clean and sober one day at a time since 8-15-99.
Would love to hook up and fish/hang out.
Email me any time. :grin:

AL

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I have been sober for seven odd years now. I am up for fishing anytime. I am off most weekends. I will also be at the christmas pizza party. No pizza, (Atkins) and no beer. :dance:

·
Registered
461 Posts
There's enough of us out there...we should start our own fishing "team". I would be happy to act as the original organizer. Email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
In the club since 1/4/92, would love to do some fishing w/ more friends of Bill. My fishing partners and friends are all members of my home group, my wife calls us the "Buffoon Platoon" Just because we're sober doesn't mean we don't have fun (thank god for the fun, cause we certainly don't catch a lot of fish! HAHA!) More than happy to do some 12th step work w/ anyone (esp if they have a nice boat! ;^)!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts