IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, how are you guys doing out there?
I haven't fished for a couple days, except at home.

Here is what I know:

The upper bay has been fairly slow. I have heard fairly slow to medium bobber fishing reports in tide water. The water is so low that you have to find the right slot. If you are late, and not right on top of a slot, you lose! Get there early, I guess!

The Kilchis, up here, is very low and clear. I don't see any fish moving. I think the first early flushed up, and I don't even see any chum up here! Maybe with this next system? Is there going to be much precip? I'll check...

I know that crabbing has been good, so if you go out, make sure and drop your traps while you fish!!

I heard that someone did really well fishing on the jetty for greenling and perch.

People have caught a few on the Nehalem...

Anyhow, just wondering if anyone was at T bay today, and had a report. I may go tomorrow.

Jen

[ 11-01-2003, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Premium Member
14,487 Posts
i know it's late, but if you haven't headed out yet, stay home. we did tbay yesterday and saw a total of one fish caught. one boat said they saw fish caught in the early morning but that's just unconfirmed rumor.

it was less unpleasant that i thought it would be though. when the sun came out, i shucked the hat, gloves and jacket, leaving me with four layers of clothes if you count the pfd.

it was clear in the ghost hole but weedy around the coast guard hole. most of the fish we marked were near the surface. halfway through the day i switched from dragging herring to flatlining a spinner but still didn't have any luck.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
went for a ride with the fiance about a half hour ago and watched the guys fishing at the coast guard tower and in the matter of about 45 min we saw about 12 fish hooked :shocked: . Dave Johnson was out there putting a hurting to the fish. Some buddies and I fished the Tillamook River on the 1st and managed two 16 or so :smile: pound chinook.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
you didn't hear this from me...

lower tidewater on the Wilson is boiling with fish.....

catching them too.......

pictures in my bait shop...proof!

Marie

·
Registered
210 Posts
Went to the Wilson today (Sunday) fished the Guide Shop upper gravel bar on the rock outcropping. Hooked into a nice steely using just a pink corky, orange and silver birdie with pink yarn, but she got off on the third jump. Saw one or two Chinook roll when I first got there at 8:00am but that was it.
There were many fishermen on the bend just below the Guide Shop but I did not see anyone land a fish while I was there. Maybe with this next weather front those fish holding in the lower system will come up...

·
Registered
184 Posts
I fished both Saturday and Sunday and lost four fish. Those are the only salmon I have hooked all year. That includes all springer season both days on the weekend from the boat and two to three days from the bank during the week. Then Tillamook bay from the last weekend in September. There are fish down there but I could not put any in the boat this year.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Here is my Alaska Report.

Kenai - Monster Rainbows right now. Beads and Flesh flies.
Willow Creek - Nice rainbows up to 20" and some Grayling. Beads are working. Lower 1/2 mile.
Quartz Creek (fished it yesterday)- Water is low and clear. Fish for the most part have moved into the lake. Caught 1 15" rainbow about 100 yds. up from the mouth (should have fished the Willow).

[ 11-03-2003, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: Willow Drifter ]

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I took Beefcake and another friend out on Sat. Dropped 5 crabtraps. Tolled Herring at the Ghost Hole 7:20 to 8:30 Had two take downs - neither stuck. :shrug:

Emptied the traps. :cheers:

Fished the jetties and out in the bubble 9:30 till 11:00 Lost gear to another boat. :mad:

Emptied the traps. :cheers:

Fished the Jetties again stopped at 1:20 PM.
Saw 2 fish on all day.
Picked up traps - ended up with 34 crab. :cheers:

Cheerio'
Skipper

·
Registered
293 Posts
Fished Sunday Wilson Tidewater - water low and clear, saw maybe four or five fish caught. we boated one chromer hen, 'bout 28# - release a dark buck and one chum. All bobber fishing around low tide would post pics of the hen but I'm too technically challenged to figure the picture posting thing out...one of these days...

Jim

·
Registered
745 Posts
Fished picket fence to oyster house on Sunday and saw one fish foul hooked and that was it for 16 boats. Talked to a boat that released a fish and nobody else I talked to had any. Fished through the tide change and left for lunch...Didn't come back. I would really prefer to put my outboard away for the winter and get on with the real fishing/drifting. Looks like another dry week though...Where's the rain?
Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts